Coconut Kitchen { Before and After}

This is what the kitchen gave the look of while we sold the house, so obviously portray the shelves become on the top of the To Do list.

If you have got never painted cabinets earlier than and would like to, let me teach you ways.

Step 1: Recruit all friends and family to help.

(This is my brilliant mom and uncle in-law difficult at work).

Step 2: Take off all hardware and doors and lightly sand everything.

Step 3: Prime and paint. I used an oil base paint, I know most people stray away from oil base, but I was told that it will hold up much nicer.

The one nice thing about oil base is that you can actually store your paint brushes in the freezer without cleaning them. The oil base keeps them from freezing.  Then you only need to clean them once when the job is all done.

My Tips: Paint the inside of your cabinets too. You'll be glad you did when you open them up. And lastly be prepared to be painting for a good week straight, since you can only paint one side of the doors at a time and then with all of the touch-ups.  It's a big job!

But the give up result is all worth it. A today's kitchen from a can of paint!!

By getting rid of one of the cupboard doors, I now have an area to show my favored dishes.

We also delivered new hardware.

I also painted the counter tops. There is a special counter top paint by rust-oleum. I chose the color, taupe but they have about 20 different colors to choose from. Then you just roll it on and wait a couple days for it to dry. It's a small can, but I only used half of it. So I have extra for any future touch-up.  It's held up surprising well.

We have additionally installed a new chrome steel range, hood and refrigerator.

I'd nonetheless love new flooring, lighting and returned splash. So with any luck I'll be posting extra updates of the kitchen in the destiny.

Update to this Post:

Want to learn more about my painted counter tops?  Go here.

Want to see how my kitchen looks currently?  Go here.

Linking up here.

Visit thecsiproject.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2