Chandelier Makeover

Hello!

Today I wanted to share with you a brief little makeover I did to our dining room chandelier.

This is the way it now looks:

And that is the way it appeared earlier than:

The chandelier came with the house when we bought it.  To me it just seemed a little dark and heavy.

I changed into searching into replacing it, but all the lighting fixtures I favored fee quite a bit.

And then I stumbled throughout this one in a Pottery Barn Magazine, It jogged my memory quite a few mine. So I determined to work with the only I actually have.

So I hit up a lighting store and decided to go with new clear glass shades.  These ones have little bubbles in them, which I liked.  I also picked out some pretty clear light bulbs.  I came home and switched out the old  brown tulip shades for the new glass ones and it made the world of difference.  So much lighter and brighter. I was so happy.

Then I decided to add crystals like the Pottery Barn one. I went to a craft store to find out that crystals are Not cheap, but then I stumbled across this faux crystal hanging tea light candle holder for only 4 dollars.  so  I bought it and brought it home.

I already had some actual crystals from an vintage chandelier I've picked up from who knows where.

So I started out taking them both apart and got here up with pretty, 1/2 actual-1/2 faux crystal pendants to cling.

I just tied them onto the fixture using clear fishing string.

I'm much happier with the chandelier now,  However, I'm still debating on painting it white or not.  I would just paint it lightly and let some of the black come through to make it look worn. But sometimes a little bit of black in a room is good too. Thoughts? You guys are always so helpful.

And here is the light at night time.

And all over again here is the Before and After.

Thanks for preventing via,

Emily


Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2