One Room Challenge Week Two

So here we are at week two of the One Room Challenge.  You know, where twenty DIY and Design Bloggers are given one room and SIX weeks to showcase what they can do. Last week I left the room choice up to you my loves and I was honestly a little surprised that so many of you wanted to see my master bedroom come to fruition.  Maybe you just want to see if I iron my sheets.  Well no I don't.  At least not before the big reveal day.

So right here you cross my candies, I'm gifting you the evolution of my master bedroom.

You said this was a room you struggled with the most yourself and I wholeheartedly agree.  It's hard because we want it to be our favorite room and an amazing space.  Our peaceful adult retreat from crazy world.  We want it to look like a showcase space with fine attention to detail and high end finishes but it needs to function efficiently and extremely comfortably.  I'm not sure how many of you have tried to marry comfort with form in the way of bedding, but it's hard.  I'm struggling already with keeping my babes away from my new all white bedding I talked about here.  Same goes for night stand styling.  We all love a pretty and well styled vignette full of collected trinkets, coffee table books, and a diptyque candle.  But let's be honest here, it needs room for Kleenex and allergy medicine and two cups of water and a half read book and a charging station for an iPad and smart phone.

So I'm going to do my fine to show the real room I'm growing and not just the sleek staged for pinterest model.

So here is where the process started.  My original plan was the use lots of bright white to bounce off the dark walls but in the last few months I've decided I'd rather embrace the dark and let it get moody up in here.  I also wasn't pleased with the direction it was headed with the modern art and graphic black and white ikat pillows.  It didn't feel like us.

And here is my mock up for the space.  It's moodier and earthier.  More masculine for sure.  It's a space for my husband too and I wanted his tastes and interests to be reflected in here somewhat more than they are in other rooms of our home.  The wall color is called Cathedral Gray and has a lot of brown and dark green undertones which lends itself more to my final scheme.  Remember, we're about to move so all my ideas need to be something that can be replicated again in our next home.

Okay, so new all white bedding from Pottery Barn and Target helped create a super soft and clean slate to start building upon.  I also added the two framed Audubon prints to either side of the bed but have yet to hang them.  I plan to get the Euro Shams monogrammed but I want to see where the room goes before I choose a color.  I tend to let certain things evolve in a room based on what I find an fall in love with.  I don't want to commit to black or gray if the room goes more brown, you know.

I've hung panels on the windows but I need to still add drapery hardware and trim.  Again, I'm going to see where the room takes me but I'm thinking this would be a good place to pop in some coral.

You can view the final outcomes of my first One Room Challenge right here

And if you're new here, click on on the links underneath to get all caught WEEK FIVE continually, be sure to check out the alternative lovelies taking part in this collection.? I promise they do not disappoint.

INTRODUCTION | WEEK ONE | WEEK TWO | WEEK THREE | WEEK FOUR | WEEK FIVE | WEEK SIX | FINAL REVEAL

And as always, be sure to check out the other lovelies participating in this series.  I promise they don't disappoint.

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage & Vine

Design Indulgence

Design Manifest

Everything LEB

Hodge Podge

Kim Macumber Interiors

Little Black Door

Matters of Style

Calling It Home

Nicole Scott Designs

Pacific Family Homes

the Peak of Tres Chic

the Pink Pagoda

Powell Brower Home

Simple Details

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2