Keeping White Sofas Clean With Kids

Before I get started I just want to let you know that the Lilly After-Party Sale is starting at 8am today!  You can make fun of me all you want but I swear up and down that the Lilly shift is the most practical piece of clothing Wells has in her closet.  The pattens hide any mess she can find and the sturdy made dress washes in the machine time and time again.  The short style allows my girl to climb and play and you can pop a turtleneck and leggings underneath when it's cold.  If you catch them on sale, don't think twice.  The cost per wear on those shifts is amazing.

________________________________________________

I get a lot of questions about how we like our white sofas and how we keep them clean with small children.  I absolutely love the look of them and am willing to do a few extra things to keep them looking nice!  I think that there are a few things you can do to ensure the longevity of any upholstered piece with kids but it's especially important with white.  These things are so easy and there really is no reason to be scared of an all white room just because you have kids.

1. Slipcovers

This explains itself, but really and truly you can pop them off and wash them.  It's so easy to stain treat because you can use bleach if necessary.

2. Off-White Denim

When held up next to other white fabric our slipcovers look every so slightly darker.  I think this makes a major impact in looking nice all the time.   There is no obvious reside from someone's skin touching the fabric for long periods of time.  I think a bright white or a less thick fabric wouldn't wear as well and you'd spend more time washing.

3.  Blankets

As you can see in the pictures, I have a white fur blanket folded in half and placed down the center of the sofa.  It's fully machine washable and opens up to twice the size.  This is Tagg's spot.  I didn't tell him he had to sit there, I just put the blanket where he naturally plops down.  This is much easier to wash than the slipcover and keeps me from cringing every time he sits there.   Wells never lounges without her giant frosty blanket so we haven't needed to do anything like this on her love seat side.

I'm in reality into neutrals and appearance to texture to herald a few interest, however, if coloration is your jam that is a truly brilliant opportunity to usher in a few wow issue.

4. A Flat Sheet Picnic Blanket

I keep a flat sheet highly accessible in a basket underneath the end table and I pull it out every single time the kids want to eat in here.  Every single time.  It's so easy.  Our television is in here and its unrealistic for me to never allow them to eat in this room.  If it's especially messy, they enjoy a picnic on the floor in front of the tv.  The sheet keeps ketchup or other hard to clean foods off the carpet and the furniture.  And they think its fun.  If they're just having a regular snack, say a banana maybe, then I just throw the sheet down on the sofa or unfold the blankets mentioned above first and let them eat right on top.

5.  Indoor/Outdoor Rug

I placed an indoor/outdoor rug on top of our upholstered ottoman to keep dirty feet from spoiling the fabric.  I actually love the way this looks and am investigating ways to give it a more permanent feel without actually stapling it on.  I'd like to also get one to go over the sisal rug to help that stay a bit cleaner long term.

Do you have any advice or tricks for dealing with white upholstery with kids?  I've been really happy with ours and would absolutely suggest it to anyone else!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2