House Updates with Benjamin Moore Classic Gray (because I just can't quit this color)

Man, I feel like I've been a traveling fool lately.  Quick trips to Pawleys Island, Nashville, and Birmingham.  All I did was eat the whole time I was gone!  I want to to a foodie recap post for you with a few of my favorite places I went to in those cities. I also plan on including the best places to eat here in Richmond.  Email me if you have any faves you want to add!

One thing I have managed to do is work on a few things around the house.  I actually painted the entire powder room blue (not pictured below). I used the leftover Sea Salt at 50% that we used in our master bedroom.  I only painted the upper half of the room, as the bottom half with wood paneling is already primed and painted in Sherwin Williams Decorators White.  Annoyingly, that color is no longer listed on their site but it's in their computer system if you want to buy it at the store.  You might have a harder time color matching at Lowes or Home Depot though.  I can't even believe it but I have no picture of it painted blue.  I think I must have accidentally taken the picture in the Instagram app so it didn't save.  That annoys me so much.  It wasn't until after I'd started painting over it that I realized my mistake.

What you see above is Benjamin Moore Classic Gray.  I just can't quit this color.  It is my favorite shade of warm grey.  A true neutral gray without blue or purple undertones.  The intensity of the color changes a lot depending on the light.  It looks much darker in this little powder room than it does in our light filled living room or front hall.  I also made another quick faux roman shade to match the ones I made in the laundry room.

You can see where I also painted over the Edgecomb Gray in the kitchen.  It's hard to photograph this wall without it become washed out.  It does get lots of natural light but it's not quite this flooded in real life.  The contrast between the way the colors read is pretty accurate though.  It's much paler and lighter in the kitchen.  I didn't dislike the Edgecomb Gray and most everyone probably can't even tell the difference now that it's Classic Gray.  But it is just the slightest big lighter and airer feeling which I love.  And it didn't make sense to have one random different color that looked just the same as the downstairs.  I originally though the EG would be a big obvious contrast but it just wasn't.  The CG just works better now.

Do you have a paint color that you just can't quit?  Do you use the same color in multiple rooms in your home?  Would love to hear your favorites!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2