Pink Desk | A Lady-Like Work Situation

Summer has been sun-up to sun-down fun with the babes and I'm thankful for every minute I've been spending with them.  I've been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to fill up our days with laughter.  It's been nice to put my phone down and be present with them more.  I've said yes to actively playing with them and letting them direct the games.  I'm not feeling down or overwhelmed; In fact, I'm most certainly feeling happy and blessed.  But I'm feeling like I've lost a little bit of myself too.

I feel a little silly saying I need a physical landing zone to find myself, much less an office space.  Let's be real, I'm no poster child for working moms.  But I do have a need to keep paperwork and stationery and mailing supplies and other random things of mine corralled.  Now, what I really need is a giant work room with a painting station, mailing station, laundry folding station, an espresso machine, and good wireless access.  But that's not going to happen anytime soon and I do still want a little spot reserved just for me.

I've settled for my pink desk centered along the brick wall in our playroom.  It makes me happy and it displays the things that remind me of myself.  Things that are just mine.  Things that are just meant to be pretty.  I painted this desk pink almost two years ago on a whim.  And while it never exactly goes with anything else I have it still me smile.

Recently, I cleaned off the entire surface of the desk in order to start fresh and the first thing I wanted to put back on top was a yummy candle.  Scents have a way quickly improving my mood and I'm pretty obsessed with using them in every room.  I found this one and so many other awesome options at Nordstrom while checking out their home decor section recently.

I was pretty surprised to see so many pretties I could use to spruce up my little space.  They've always been my go to for clothes, but I'm thinking I need to start putting them on my permanent radar for home and gifts too.  I really wish our local store carried more home items but with free shipping both ways it's not a big deal.

Black and white, pink, and gold are always my go to when I want something a bit more fun than my typical all neutral scheme.  Everything I've rounded up is under $200, even this insanely gorgeous antiqued mirror.  I'm not convinced I don't need this for our bathroom.  And the rest is way under that price point.  I'd be happy to see any one of these items under my Christmas tree in a just a few months.

SHOP THE POST

1 Vera Wang Pillow 2 Kate Spade Scented Candle 3 Kate Spade Travel Mug four Kate Spade 2015 day planner 5 Crosley Songbirg Pink Radio 6 Kate Spade Odds and Ends dish 7 Antiqued Mirror eight Navy Kennebunkport Blanket 9 Kate Spade Daisy Place Keepsake Box 10 You Really Are Canvas Wall Art eleven VOLUSPA Candle 12 Wear Pink and Make the Boys Wink Dish 13 Gold Dot Magnet Board

*This post changed into subsidized via Nordstrom. As always, all opinions and selections are basically mine. Thank you for supporting the agencies that help guide me.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2