A Few New touches in our Kitchen

Our kitchen basically looks the same as it did from when I shared it last, but there are a few things that are different and so I thought I'd show them to you today.

First up are these bamboo bar stools.  I recently re-covered them with a beautiful gray tropical print fabric that I picked up while I was in Hawaii.

The bar stools came from a  yard sale a couple of years ago, and I have seriously re-covered the seats on them about five times since. I re-cover them so often because it's really simple to do, and by just switching up the fabric, it can really change the whole look of the room. But I love this new fabric SO much that I don't plan to re-cover them ever again!

Perhaps I'll get round to sharing a weblog publish on how I reupholster the stools in an upcoming publish, so please permit me know if that is something your are interested by.

Our kitchen is a touch tricky to picture and I constantly sense that it seems darker in my images than it truely is, but with that said, I turned into purposely going for a darker/moodier vibe in here and that it why I pick out any such darkish coloration (Benjamin Moore - Wrought Iron) when I painted it earlier this 12 months.

Another change I made in our kitchen is that this rustic board with hooks that I actually have hung above our range pinnacle. I located the piece of timber at a backyard sale and I favored it for its steel label holders. From there, I simply screwed in some simple black hooks after which nailed the entirety to the wall.

The board in order that happened to be a great healthy for this area. And I actually like that it offers me a place to cling matters within reach for once I'm cooking, inclusive of a small pot, some cooking utensils and a dish towel. The amusing wooded fish trivet is also from a backyard sale.

And now I actually have simply realized that I could also hang up recipe playing cards at the metallic label holders with magnets.

I love to bring in a number of wood elements round our kitchen because I assume that wooden is just a splendid way to add texture and it also affords an earthy-herbal feel to any area.

And then the third new touch that I added to our kitchen is this wooded tray......which should be no surprise, I also got it at a yard sale,  as I also did with the wooden pineapple and wooden bowl :) but the tray is my newest find. I like to use it to hold our fruits and veggies.

If you haven't noticed, I love yard sales :) But perhaps one of the reasons why I love yard sales so much is that by finding a simple little treasure, it can, and it always does,  inspires me to make some changes around our home. Does getting new things inspire you too?

A part of Feng Shui is to change things around your home often to allow energy to flow better. So I make sure to keep good energy in our home by yard selling. win win  :)

The anchor platter, along with lots of similar items to what is in this room, can be found on my SHOP OUR HOME page.

If you have got another questions or remarks regarding our kitchen, please go away them below.

If you are new here and want to learn more about our kitchen, and see All of the many looks it has gone through, then please check out THIS post.

As always,

Thank you for preventing with the aid of these days,

Peace & Love,

  Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2