New House Progress: Kitchen

Matthew gave me a new faucet for Christmas.  I also got a dyson, but I'll save that for another post.  So grown up and mature right?  Back to the kitchen.  We've had a leaky faucet since we moved into our home.  Our kitchen is fine for now and we don't have any plans for a major overhaul any time soon so spending a ton of money on an glamorous bridge faucet just didn't make sense for now.

This is our old white faucet.  I like the one handle design (if I can't afford a fancy bridge yet) and large scale.  Wasn't in love with the white color.  I prefer stainless steel in the under $250 category and chrome for all things fancy and shiny and pricey.  Like my coveted bridge faucet.

It was pretty nasty under our old leaky faucet.  Matthew had a pretty hard time getting the old one off.  We were left with a hot mess underneath.  Most of what you see are scratches and didn't come off with good solid scrubbing.  Of course that limited our choice of a new faucet.  We want as much of that mess covered up as possible.  PHASE 2 involves a new sink, but that's for another day.

I thought I should show you a misstep we took.  In an effort to save as much money as possible in  PHASE 1 I told Matthew just to pick something cheap and chrome.  It wasn't horrible but I already didn't like it.  Too small.  The chrome looks cheap without all the fancy bells and whistles of a bridge.  Back to Lowes.

Bam.  He came home with the Peerless Stainless 1-handle pull down kitchen faucet.  At $129 it wasn't exactly free, but it's a nice upgrade from what we had before and it doesn't leak.  Two points for working.  I like it enough to be happy with it for five years or more while we wait on our dream kitchen.

Still left to do in PHASE 1:

1. Sand and paint the returned splash wall

2. Select a coloration for the walls and paint them (front runners are BM Lancaster Whitewash and BM Edgecomb Gray)

3. Purchase and installation variety hood

four. Install ultimate outlet covers

five. Re-set up trim to the far wall that became eliminated throughout refridgetor installation

6. Select window remedy alternatives and cloth

7. New hardware for the cabinets

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2