I painted a bench white and I hope I don't lose followers over it.

Before I start sharing our home decked out in Christmas decorations, I thought I better hurry up and share this new bench in our entryway.  My mother-in-law picked it up at her neighbors yardsale a while back, but she didn't have room for it in her home so she gave it to me.

Although, it wasn't white earlier than, it turned into wooden, and gave the look of this:

As quickly as I saw it, I knew I desired to paint it white and placed it in our entryway.

However, I was totally alone on this idea.  My mother-in-law kept telling me how pretty the wood was and how nice it looked with our floors.   My boys also liked the wood, and said, "mom, please don't paint it white, there is already too much white in our house"

Well the bench sat in our entryway for a few weeks before I had time to work on it. And then One afternoon  I got out my white paint and started painting it.  In walks my oldest son, Liam from school. As soon as he saw the bench he got all upset.

"I cannot accept as true with you are painting it white! I idea it looked better wood, You are going to lose fans now!"

You see,  Liam is way into Youtube videos, and so he is always asking me how many followers I have, and when I tell him, he says, "that's it? Sundee has seven million"

Liam is always trying to give me advice on how I can grow my followers.  One day he said to me, " Mom I think I know why you don't have very many followers, I mean look around our house, It's all beachy, And you know, not everyone likes the beach".

??

Sometimes whilst Liam sees a mission of mine that he virtually likes, he'll say some thing like, "oh Mom, this is going to get you some new followers for positive".

So he may be very supported and encouraging about what I do, but NOT at the moment. After seeing the white bench he felt that his opinion failed to matter and that it felt love it was just my house and not the households.

I felt horrible!

Finally, after I let him cool down a bit, I told him that his opinion did matter to me and that I thought he has great style and ideas but this bench was given to Me and I really wanted to paint it white.  I just did!

I couldn't worry what everyone else would think. I couldn't worry if I was going to lose followers because of it.   I painted it because it was in my heart to paint it and I'm sorry he'd have to live with it.

Then I advised him that he could paint his room ANY color he wanted, because that became his own area.

He agreed, and we hugged it out. And then later he came returned to me and said, "Mom, I want to color my 1/2 of the room shiny yellow with blue trim and Jax needs his half of pink".

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I said, "okay"  and then I never brought it up again.

And fortuitously I assume he has forgotten all approximately it.

In the end, I am so pleased with my white bench. It is so perfect for this space. I love that this bench opens up so I can store all of our winter hats, scarves, and gloves in it,  just in time for winter. And I can always bring in pops of color by switching out the pillows on it.

And  by the way, Today just so happens to be Liam's 11th Birthday!

I love this kid and all of his wonderful and creative ideas and for being brave and standing up for what he believes is right, and for being friendly and encouraging and making everybody laugh.  He is my sunshine kid and I am so proud of him.

Thank you eager about preventing by way of today

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2