I spray painted my bed and will not be doing that again.

I have so many tasks occurring in the intervening time that I'm pretty certain I'm using my entire own family bonkers with the big messes I'm leaving at the back of.

Some of my projects are simple and go rather smoothly, others, not so much! Like this bed makeover, it was such a pain in the tush for me, but even so, I'm so pleased with the final results.

And even extra pleased to have every other mission crossed off the list.

My bed was black before. It's an Ethan Allen bed that my mother-in-law picked up for us at a yard sale a few years back. I had it in our room for a while, but then I switched it out for this wicker headboard, and so it had just been hanging out in our garage.

Then the need for change struck me and so I decided to bring it back in.

But this time I desired it painted white.

I've used spray paint on other furniture projects before, and its worked out great.  Spray painting furniture can be a fast and easy solution.  And because my bed has a lot of slats, I decided spray paint would be a great idea.

I first sanded the bed genuinely precise with my hand sander.

I then wiped it clean from dust.

I went to the store and bought 4 cans of Rust-o-leum, semi-gloss, white spray paint, which by the way is my favorite brand of spray paint. I came home and painted the bed with all 4 cans. It looked really good, it covered well, it just needed another coat.

So tomorrow I went returned to the store and collected four extra cans of spray paint.

I got here domestic and painted with pretty much three of the cans after which this came about.....

The paint started crackling everywhere.  What the heck! ~ So I headed to google to figure out why, and it could have been caused by a few different things,  one, I may have needed to wait 48 hours to add the second coat, I only waited 24 hours. Two, I may have applied it to heavy, or Three, the weather may have been too hot or too cold.  I believe it was the first reason, I should have waited an extra day.

So now What?

I sanded all of the afflicted spots down surely well till they have been smooth to the touch.

Oh, and I additionally found out which you want to permit the paint 'Cure' for multiple days earlier than you sand it, otherwise the paint will gunk up.

So my bed had been sitting outside for weeks.  In the mean time, it was raining, the leaves were falling, I had to wipe it down every time I went out to work on it.

But after 4 more cans of spray paint, and a few more sandings in special spots, with a few more days in between so the paint could 'cure', I finally got it looking decent enough to bring back into the bedroom.

But before I set up the mattress, I first drew a few strains on the partitions to seem like timber planks.

You can see that post HERE.

It was a spare of the moment decision that I couldn't be happier with.  The lines seriously do look like planks, but without the labor.

There are nevertheless lots of factors I want to do to the room. Adding wooden rafter beams and new lights are subsequent on my listing.

And I realize that there is a lot of white happening now, however bedding is some thing I like to play around with, so it's certain to get switched up with some pops of coloration introduced in sooner or later.

But for now, I'm loving the easy clean look of the room.

So stupid question, Would I spray paint my bed again?

Oh Heavens No.

Thanks for stopping through,

Emily

So what projects have you been working on?  I'd love to see them, please stop by on Thursday-Sunday to link up to the Create-Share-Inspire link party.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2