Joy Sign and a Lamp Makeover

Hi Friends!

So nowadays I even have things I wanted to percentage with you, as you could know I am running on giving our home office a touch makeover and both of these initiatives are for use as decor inside the room.

The first is that this decorative Joy sign that I made.

And the second is that this lamp.

I've already given this lamp a makeover once before, I painted it from black to green as seen HERE.

But the shabby inexperienced now not suit in with the new rustic appearance of the room.

So I combined up my craft paints and got here up with a pretty midnight blue shade.

All I did was mix my navy, black, and white paints together.  I kept mixing until I achieved the color I was going for.

I brushed the paint onto each the lamp and the wood board with a foam brush. It protected in only one coat, with a few small touch-ups.

I was so happy with the flat finish, it almost looks like I used a chalk paint.  I may be using craft paints more often in the future.

The wooden board was something I picked up at a yard sale over the summer. I forgot to take a before picture, but here is the back side of it so you can get an idea.  I'm not sure if it was a cutting board that was painted red, or what, but I knew it would be perfect for some sort of wall hanging.

Once my paint was dried, I warm glued on a pair of cute little ski's I picked up for 3 greenbacks at Target.

Target's dollar section is the equal vicinity wherein I picked up those white burlap alphabet stickers.

I just stuck on the JOY letters and thought it turned out really cute.  However, the other day my husband said, he thought it would look good saying SKI.  And I soo agree, I just wished he mentioned that before I hung it up and took a bunch of pictures of it.  So the next time you see my sign don't be surprised if it has been changed to SKI.

The signal is putting on the wall above the table.

And the lamp is sitting on the table, and here is how it grew to become out:

I'm so pleased with how this room is coming together.  I can't wait to finish it up and share it with you.  Stay Tuned!

Thanks for preventing by means of,

Emily

P.S. What have you been working on? I'd love to see,  please stop by on Thursday-Sunday to link up to the Create - Share - Inspire link party.  I hope to see you soon!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2