How to give a beachy look to an old crate.

Hi Guys!

So it simply accord to me that I never shared this beachy crate/tray makeover with you.

I shared it last summer over at City Farmhouse as one of my contributing post, but I never got around to sharing it here on my own blog.  It's one of my favorite makeover pieces and as you may have notice, I use it all the time in my decorating.  I'm always moving it around from room to room.

So to begin, I had this old crate for a long time just sitting in our garage because I never quite knew what to do with it.  One day as I was cleaning out the garage I re-discovered it and realized that if I just removed the lid then it could make an awesome over-sized tray.

I removed the lid by taking out the staples that were holding it together and then I painted it.  First, I painted all of the sides of the tray white. Then, I came up with the idea to paint the slats on the inside of the tray different shades of blue and green.

All of the paints were leftovers from other various tasks I've performed, which means this tray fits in nicely with the relaxation of our home's decor.

If you have an interest, right here are the colours that I used: (from left to right) Valspar/Night Scape, True Value/Reward, Sherwin Williams/Wythe Blue, Valspar/Night Sky, and Valspar/Mt.Rainier Gray.

The blend of blues and greens gives this tray a beachy appearance.

I had positioned the tray on pinnacle of a wicker basket in our living room.

I then had fun accessorizing the tray; I simply grabbed gadgets from around the residence like I constantly do whilst decorating.

Starting with a stack of books, a large seashell, and a strand of timber beads.

I reduce off some tiger's grass from outside and located it in a bottle.

And finally, I delivered a tumbler float.

I saved the appearance easy in an effort to not cowl up all of the painted slats.

One of my favourite parts about the tray are the rope handles. They simply upload to the beachy appearance of it.

The tray are available in accessible next to a chair; it's the correct place to set down a drink.

I'm now not stop certain where I picked up the old crate in the first area, however in case you would like one like mine, I'd advise creating this look with a similar crate. And in case you are handy, it seems like the crate itself could be pretty simple to make.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2