My Summer Yard Sale Finds

It's no secret that I love to shop yard sales.  In fact, a lot of my home's decor was picked up from various yard sales over the years.  I just find so much joy in rumbling through other people's junk. It's seriously one of my favorite things to do.

Almost each Saturday for the duration of the summer season months my mom-in-law and I go out for a force to see if we are able to capture some sales and I nearly always deliver domestic some treasures .

Today, I need to percentage what I've picked up at yard income to date this summer season.

Let's start with my haul from final weekend:

The spinning DVD tower has found a home in our basement retaining Wii U video games. However, I even have a imaginative and prescient of the usage of it at Christmas time to cling our Christmas playing cards on the use of clothes pins.

The steel Basketball court docket rules sign (which I got totally free) now hangs in my boy's room.

I love my new floppy white sunhat and have already worn it to the lake.  I like that it folds up and can be placed in a suitcase.  I'll be taking it to Vegas with me next month.

There are actually two of the feed sacks.  I'm not sure what to do with them just yet. Perhaps turn them into pillows or frame them.  I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Total value: $3

On every other Saturday, I picked up this metal cream pitcher for $1. It regarded cute filled with the daisies that my husband gave me on our anniversary.

At that same yard sale I grabbed the piece of wood with metal label holders (for free).  When I brought it home I was thrilled to see that it fit on my antique shelf perfectly.

Total price $1

This one is kinda a funny story.  I found these tiles at a yard sale and I thought the tag on them said 4/ $8 on the large ones and 4/$2 on the small ones and even though I felt that that price was a bit high, I really loved them.  So I gave the guy a ten dollar bill and walked away.  When I got home I looked a little bit closer and saw that the tag actually said 4/$18 on the large ones.  Wow, I would not have paid that.  Oops!

My plan became to stick them to the tile backsplash above our stove with command tape, however now I'm now not so certain.

Total fee $10

Here is what I observed on another Saturday.

I picked up the vintage, falling apart, oars for $1 at one backyard sale, and the wool cloth, floral geared up sheet, and orange throw pillow at every other yard sale for $1.50

Total value $2.50

The oars got a pretty makeover. Mostly they just needed to be sanded down.  Look at the difference sanding them made! The oar on the left is obviously the one I sanded and the oar on the right is the before.

Next, I used wood glue to restore the damaged piece at the oar and gave them a brief white stripe for a a laugh detail. I think they became out quite and appearance top notch leaning against the wall in our eating room.

The piece of wool got become a throw rug and sits at the give up of my mattress.

And then the blue floral sheet now covers the mattress on the daybed in our office. Even Stormy thinks it looks terrific in right here!

Okay and one last backyard sale discover have been those two timber carved plaques that I were given at a associates yard sale for just $1.

Total price $1

As quickly as I noticed these, I knew precisely what I turned into going to do with them; paint them white, misery them and hold them in my eating room.

They had been simply what I had to assist refill this wall.

Summer Yard Sales Total Cost $17.50

(and that is simply due to the fact I over spent on some expensive tile :))

So what do you believe you studied? Pretty amusing reveals, proper?

What about you, Did you locate a few tremendous junk at yard sales this summer season too?

You just by no means recognize what you are going to find.

Thanks for preventing via,

*Emily

Wait! I'm lower back!

The weekend once I shared this publish, I observed some extra things at any other yard sale, Surprise!Surprise! So I thought I'd just update this submit and proportion what else I've located.

My favorite thing that I got, and Dare I say, possibly even my most favorite yard sale find ever!! is this amazing chime fountain.

I right away determined a place for it on a little desk in our workplace/sunroom. This room is already surely non violent and so the fountain goes virtually well in here.

I've in no way posted a video before and so I'm not positive if this could work, however I simply desired to percentage how soothing this fountain sounds.

I Paid $10 for this fountain, but I just did a little research on line, this fountain runs for around $150.00 so I'm pretty pleased with this yard sale find. Although, I did find one for a little lessHERE at one of my favorite stores, Hayneedle.

The different a laugh factor I picked up were those two strands of rope lighting.

I wrapped the rope around some logs in our fireside, and simply Look at how fun it seems at night time.

My boys even instructed me that I Actually determined a few cool stuff at a yard sale this time :) ha ha!

I looked these rope lights up on line, and found that you could buy them HERE if you are interested.

And then the final object that I offered was a stack of cloth napkins for 10 cents a chunk. Those just were given tucked away in my corner hutch. I assume the orange could be amusing to apply for fall.

Total price $12.50

Let's be sincere, I may even be back to proportion more in this put up. I love an amazing yard sale! And summers now not over yet!

Thanks for preventing by using Again :)

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2