Bee Box

 While visiting my folks over the 4th of July, I came across this old wooden box on their property.  I Loved it for it's rustic look and cute little handles on the sides.

 Apparently, it was once used to house Bee's.  It even had a thick layer of honey residue on the inside, or at least that is what I think it was.

 It didn't have a bottom to it,  so I had my dad put one in.  I had so much fun hanging out with my dad in his humongous shop.  He's a retired contractor so he has every tool imaginable.  All of his tool tables are hooked up to a huge vacuum to clean up all of the sawdust.  I can definitely say  If we lived closer I would be in there playing all day long.

 I cherished that he installed a old piece of wooden that matched the relaxation of the container.

   Here is my Abby canine checking it out, she must be involved in everything!

I gave it a quick, light layer of white paint.  I wanted it to still look old and rustic, so I made sure it wasn't covered to well.

 And then I sanded it all down with my hand sander, making sure to get all of the rims honestly excellent.

 Same goes for the inside.

 I then brought it into my living room to hold more pillows and blankets.

 Although, I think it may end up in my closet to hold shoes.  I could fill the box up and then let some heels hang over the edges.

 Aren't these little denim ones cute?  I picked them up from Target the other day for $5. Yes, you heard right, I said $5!!  So if you want a pair too,  You better hurry over.

Linking Up

Home Stories A to Z

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2