DIY Cottage Farmhouse Light Fixture Makeover

This is the ceiling mild fixture it is putting in our living room. It was right here while we bought our domestic and I have always wanted to update it with something extra my style. Well last weekend I got a little creative and made a colour for it. Here is the way it grew to become out.

I actually adore it!

I assume that the brand new shade adds a cute cottage farmhouse touch to our dwelling room.

Now when I set out to make a shade to go over my light fixture, I was first thinking of creating an actual shade. I cut up some poster board and hot glued my fabric right onto the poster board (as seen in the picture above). Even though it looked great, Once I tried to attach the shade to the light fixture I soon realized that it just wasn't going to work.  I was having a hard time figuring out how to attach the new shade to the existing light fixture and besides that, when I tested out the light by switching on the light switch, I noticed right away how dark the shade was going to make the room feel.

So I scratched that concept and thought even less difficult!

I took my material and hot glued it right onto the light fixture itself and it worked flawlessly!

Speaking of material, isn't this fabric superb? It became truely an vintage shower curtain that had this adorable ruffle at the trim and I just cut off the ruffle to apply for my coloration. But despite the fact that I occurred to have this adorable material handy, I assume that just a piece of white or cream muslin material might look awesome too! The material just needs to be thick sufficient in order that the below light would not show thru.

If you stand beneath my new colour and appearance up you could still see the original light fixture. But otherwise while searching at it from anywhere else within the room, it just seems like a surely adorable shade light.

And when I activate the light, the new color without a doubt would not make an excessive amount of of a difference to the amount of light that shines via. It pretty lots simply seems the same as what we had been use to with the unique mild fixture.

I'm sure that a lot of you have a light fixture similar to this one in your homes, and so I hope that I have inspired you to make a fabric shade for yours because it really is so simple. All you need is some fabric and a hot glue gun. I got both at Michaels.

In truth, I even have a few other lights round our home that I think I will make sunglasses for as well.

So what do you believe you studied?

Do you want this idea? Do you watched you will try it out?

Let me understand if you do.

Thanks for preventing through,

:)

Emily

If you appreciated this put up, Then you can additionally like this one:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2