Barbecue Chicken Pizza

If I'm being completely honest I haven't been cooking much lately.  My meal planning posts are more of a round-up of my top pinterest recipe picks for the week than an actual guide to my family's eating.  I'm trying to change that by getting back to what got me started cooking in the first place.  Basic, simple, yummy meals that I can easily tackle in less than 30 minutes and without much thought.

One of my first meals I made regularly was barbecue chicken pizza made with leftover rotisserie chicken.  Amazingly tasty and super quick to whip up.

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

Directions:

Heat oven to 450'

Pre-made Pizza crust

Drizzle a tbsp of olive oil and spread over the crust

Spread 3 helping tbsp of Barbecue Sauce over the crust

Sprinkle a layer of shredded Italian blend or mozzarella cheese

Top with cooked shredded Barbecue Chicken

*I use rotisserie chicken tossed with store bought Barbecue Sauce*

Add a layer of either shredded sharp cheddar or the colby/jack mix

Add thinly sliced pink onion

Top with sparkling cilantro

Turn oven down to 425'

Place pizza directly on the oven rack and bake for 8-11 minutes

I use the exact same recipe without the cheese for Wells and Tagg because they're allergic to dairy.  There is so much flavor in the barbecue sauce that they don't know what they're missing and I'm not big on vegan cheese.  Or they contain rice flour, which Wells can't have.

What are your basic meals?  What is the one go-to you always come back to when you're in a cooking rut?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2