Reader question: Can I have three finish colors in my new kitchen?

The following query got here from a reader with whom I've been corresponding for the previous few months as she undergoes a first-rate protection of a historic domestic.

I became thinking in case you may talk using colour in kitchen shelves in a destiny submit, mainly more than one colorations. When I Google the subject, I regularly simply get black and white, or timber and white or wood and black, and so forth.

I just got color samples in from Timeless Kitchen Designs , and we are leaning toward a combination of three different paint colors for the cabinets. Walls will be a neutral I've yet to settle on,  the floors will be a nearly uniform gray slate, I'm getting hammered zinc counters and a Shaw's Original sink.

Upon displaying sure humans our coloration picks, I even have heard the remark that we are breaking some "layout regulations" by way of having 1) more than colorings featured within the kitchen and a couple of) presenting those colours at the cabinets instead of on the partitions or as add-ons. I accept as true with the notion is that the room can be too busy, or perhaps we can tire of these colors in the future and be not able to alternate them with out a amazing deal of hassle, or if we need to sell (no plans to, ever) nobody of their right thoughts would purchase a residence with these colorations in a kitchen.

It is proper that I am not able to google a kitchen with this mixture of colors, or even many kitchens with greater than two cabinet hues. However, this simply makes me love it even greater! So, from a expert factor of view, are we creating a mistake? Would you advocate clients to tone down the colours, or get what they love regardless? We don't suppose we can regret it, but it's far fairly irritating to feel so proud and excited and feature humans come in and say we have to stay with all off-white, or some thing like that.

I obviously will get what I love regardless, and I did defend my choices, but was met with shrugs and 'well, okaaaays'....Are we just more 'out there' than the average kitchen remodeler? It's not like I'm picking lime green/magenta/day-glo pink, after all.Thanks for the question and before I wade into an answer, congratulations on choosing Timeless Kitchen Designs . Kevin Ritter is an artist in every sense of the word and I cannot wait to see what he does in your home.

Now, onto your question. I searched the net for a few multiple end kitchens and as luck could have it I got here throughout one through Kevin, so that you're in correct palms. If I believed in symptoms I'd certainly name it that.

Look! Three paint colors!

Here are some others using three finishes and all of the following rooms are by Medallion Cabinetry . I have their image library, so these shots were easy to come by.

See? The rooms proven above appearance excellent and I inspire you to throw that inside the faces of the naysayers who disapprove of your alternatives.

I hate it when I hear someone say that something breaks a design rule. Especially when it's being said about color combinations. Short of some technical rules about form and function, there aren't any real design rules. Whatever design rules exist are trumped by the Great Commandment (at least according to me). That Great Commandment is of courseBe Intentional.

Generally, the people who tell you that you're breaking a design rule are getting this nonsense from HGTV or the Garden Web and I'd ignore their "advice" without hesitation. It sounds too like they're worshiping the graven image of resale value, another dead end when we're talking about a kitchen such as the one you're planning for.

But back to my Great Commandment. When your finishes observe a narrative and they make feel for the room they're in you are at the right song. Being intentional isn't always a lot a query of the finishes you're the use of, it's greater about the reasons at the back of them. Based on our conversations, your reasons are spot on and you've great taste. So be confident and enjoy your a couple of colours. When your protection's completed, your naysayers will pass domestic to their off whites and envy you. Go for it!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2