Toilet Bowl Cleaner Bleached Rag Pillows

I'm so freaking excited to share this project with you nowadays! It's a challenge that didn't go as deliberate and nearly ended up in the rubbish, but by means of questioning outside of the container.... Or in this case, the trash can,

I ended up with new favored pillows.

Are you keen on the Indigo Shibori fashion that seems to be everywhere right now?

I am! Totally! I can't get sufficient of this notable blue and white designed print.

As I was drooling over these fabulous pillows on page 4 of my Pottery Barn catalog, I got to thinking,  "I could probably make something similar myself" And so that is how this whole project began.

I had a pair of old blue curtains reachable that I knew would be perfect for this mission. The curtains already had a diminished appearance to them due to the fact I had used them to cover my patio furnishings cushions final summer season.

I came up with the idea of using toilet bowl cleanser with bleach to create a sample on the fabric.

Looking back, I suppose I might had been better off using a bleach pen, but this is what I had on hand so I went for it.

I created strains right here and there at the curtain with the toilet bowl purifier keeping the layout as a substitute simple.

I let it sit in the sun for several hours to dry.  As it was drying at first the bleach turned pink so I waited for the pink to fade to white and then I threw it in the washing machine.

I actually ran the wash 3 times because there was so much soap bubbles in the bottom of the machine from the toilet cleaner.  Then I took it outside to dry in the sun.

Just have a look at this! This is how it got here out of the wash!!!

The bleach tore the curtain to shreds!! Now this is where a normal person would have said, "Well that didn't work!" and thrown the destroyed fabric in the trash.  Well, being that I'm 'not normal' I thought, "It's still cool, I could work with it"

And so I did.

I took my scissors and cut it up into pieces. I pinned the pieces to the second curtain.  Oh, I guess I should have mentioned, I only bleached one of the curtains, therefore I had the second curtain to use as the pillow structure.  I just cut the curtain in half so that I could have two pillows.

I first sewed the pieces onto the fabric with my sewing machine, and then I used my Pocket Pillow instructions to turn them into pillows.

I am so tickled with how they turned out.

I currently have them sitting at the daybed in our workplace.

Oh and there is my sweet Pug, Abby that we just found out has diabetes and I am slowing getting use to having to give her a shot everyday.  She's such a good doggie, I love her so much.

I'm additionally loving these pillows a lot!

I just can't get over how cool and unique they are.  There is something about all of the tares and holes that get me all excited.

They seem like a favourite pair of levi's that have been worn time and again once more.

So I don't know if this is a project you will want to attempt to re-create.  Like I mentioned, a bleach pen would probably have worked way better. But then again, this rag look is pretty cool too.

Thanks for stopping by way of,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2