Easy Sew Denim Placemats & A Patriotic table setting

Did you guys ever see these denim placemats I made last year and shared onElla Claire blog?

Well with the Forth of July arising soon, I notion I'd percentage them once more here by myself weblog.

I think they grew to become out splendid lovely. I use them all the time now.

For this challenge you may need to begin with numerous pairs of old denims.

This became the best mission for me considering that my boys tend to wear out their jeans so fast.

I used an present placemat as a template and laid it on top of some thick white cotton material and reduce out. This is for the again aspect of the placemat.

Next,  I cut my jeans into all different sizes and layered them onto the white fabric.

Once I was happy with the layout I sewed the denim onto the white cloth, layer by using layer.

I found a strip of yellow sewing at the inside hem of a couple of jeans, I loved it a lot that I used it on all 4 of my placemats. I additionally sewed a pocket onto every placemat for use to maintain utensils.

I love that they fray a bit bit more whenever I wash them. It offers the rims a lovely worn appearance.

Even though I tried to keep each placemat pretty similar,  I like that each one has a different look.

Denim is such an American icon, so I knew I needed to use those placemats to create a patriotic desk putting, ideal for the 4th of July.

For the center piece, I placed some of my neighbor's quite white peonies in a white pitcher, maintaining the table look truely easy...And Yes, my neighbor instructed me I should take her peonies.

An apple with a flag toothpick is positioned at every placing.

My favorite part of the placemats are the pockets.  I think they are so perfect for holding a napkin, utensils, and an American flag.

These denim placemats cost nothing, they were super simple to make. and they add a festive look to my patriotic table setting.  So the next time you get a hole in your jeans, or your kids outgrow theirs, or you decide to make cut-offs, or just whatever the reason, turn them into some fun placemats :)

Thanks for stopping via,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2