Choosing a paint color for my Kitchen

Choosing a paint colour for my Kitchen has been quite a tribulation.

As you may remember, my kitchen walls use to be a dark brown color.  I knew by painting them a lighter color it would brighten up the room a ton.

BEFORE:

The ceiling in the kitchen use to be a "Cake Batter" color, as my husband called it.  So I first painted it in the same white I used  on my cabinets (see my painted cabinets post HERE) I should also mention that I primed the brown walls before painting them.

Since moving into the our new home,  I have been caring this paint chip around.

I loved it.  It was called Maine Shore by Valspar, found at Lowes.

It seemed to be the perfect light blue-green color.  I wanted it for my kitchen walls.

However,  once I got it on the walls,  I didn't love it so much anymore.

It looked way more "minty" then I had imagined it looking.  It wasn't bad,  I actually really liked it on the wall of my pantry door.

But it just wasn't the right color for the rest of the room.  I think because it was more of a beachy-cottage color and my kitchen, with the dark wood stove mounting and dark tile is more of a farmhouse style.  So the color just didn't seem to flow.

So subsequent I determined to go along with a gray.

I chose three colours that I favored from my Pottery Barn/ Benjamin Moore shade e-book.

( I have to note that we do not have a Benjamin Moore close by,  so I had Lowes mix the paint and I don't think any of them were a "perfect" match )

Out of the 3 samples,  I liked the BM Moonshine the best.

So using the relaxation of my sample, I painted the main kitchen partitions with it.

It again looked good,  but still not the right color.  I really wanted a light color in the kitchen, but I also have to work with the dark tile back splash, I wanted to blend it into the walls, whereas the lighter color was making it stand out.

So lower back to Lowes I went for three extra samples.

These were the 3 new colors I  picked out.

All three of them blended with the tile and wooden stove mounting a lot better.

Out of those colors I liked, BM Horizon Gray the best, although I have to apologize,  my camera was set on a sunlight setting and so it threw the color off a bit.

As you can see here below the top picture is on the sunlight setting and the bottom was on normal light setting.  This shows you how the color can change a bit depending on the light.

Yeah!  I finally found the Perfect color for my Kitchen,

Benjamin Moore - Horizon Gray.

I've also changed out the light fixtures so stay tuned for that,  then next up will be my New Kitchen Reveal.

Thanks for stopping by means of,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2