Tonsillectomy

Our sweet little man is having his tonsils and adenoids removed this morning.  I feel really prepared mentally and physically and I think we've prepped him as much as you can a little monkey who's barely 2.5.  I'm really thankful to so many of you who emailed me or commented to share your own stories and advice after this post.   We are prepped with movies, popsicles, and lots of blue jello!  It sounds like late this weekend is when things might seem to go downhill before getting better.

After our terrible scare on Friday afternoon I'm just ready to have the anesthesia part behind us.  His little system has been through a lot these past few days.  In case you don't follow on instagram, Tagg had a severe reaction to a bag of PLAIN M&Ms he accidentally ate at a neighbor's house and suffered from anaphalaxis.  I had to administer the EPI Pen on the side of the road en route to the Emergency Room.  I'm honestly still processing that whole episode and have been trying to write a post that I hope to share soon.

Anyway, extra prayers for my little buddy this morning.  He's just the sweetest little guy and I pray his teeny tiny wobbly little toddler voice doesn't change too much.  I'm not ready for him to grow up too fast.  I'm sure I'll be giving an update via instagram.  The surgical center is located literally right next door to a Starbucks so I'll be amped up on caffeine and I'm anxious.  That's a dangerous combination for my sweet silent husband.

UPDATE

His surgery went well and we are home recovering.  Everyone prepared me for the heartache of watching them suffer post anesthesia but it really is just as bad as they say.  He was visibly shaking in the nurses arms and immediately melted into me and fell asleep.  He woke up pretty upset and ready to get home.  He's not doing so well with drinking so they sent us home with an IV.  A home health care nurse will be by tonight and again in the morning to handle the medical aspects of that.  He wanted to get in bed with me and snuggle for the first hour or so we were home.  He woke up pretty cranky again and refuse his Thomas movies and trains.  This is a new low for him.  About thirty minutes ago he got really upset and asked to go to his room.  He didn't want to lay down or get tucked in.  He didn't want his trains.  He didn't want the ipad.  He asked me to leave.  I have never in my life felt so sad.  I hugged him and told him I would give him some privacy.  I checked on him a few minutes later and same scene.  He's finally stopped whimpering but is just sitting up in bed looking sad.  I popped downstairs to get some lunch and a reality break.

I thought it might be helpful to just update this post as the days go on so there is just one long post rather that several if anyone is looking for information on our experience at a later time.

Thanks for the prayers y'all! xo

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2