kindness

Man, y'all are awesome.  But you already knew that, right?  I really appreciate all of your questions, they're really good.  I probably should have clarified that when I said I had writer's block that it wasn't that I couldn't think of anything to say but rather I wanted something good to talk about with y'all that's lighter than the overwhelming sadness and chaos in our world right now but deeper than my favorite picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Although you better believe I'll be scoping that out tomorrow as soon it's live.  ha!  And of course y'all delivered! I can't wait to start writing about all of the topics you mentioned.  Except my worst hair cut.  I'm going to do it but I can't say I won't be hiding under my covers all day.  Maybe if that time in my life didn't coincide with excessive beer consumption and late night pizza deliveries (Gilroy's chicken & ranch anyone?) I wouldn't have to be quite so embarrassed.  Add in that the most designer items in my wardrobe at the time were a Coach pouch-let and Express Editor's Pants and it's an image you won't want to miss. Oh 1999-2000, you were a big time.  Ladies, get ready because once I start scanning those photos in there is no turning back!

I honestly am having a hard time focusing on anything within my own little world when there is so much fear and violence around us that only seems to be growing.  I treat this blog with the same rules I would a dinner party; religion and politics are off limits.  It's just too divisive and better left to small group chats in person.  But I can't say that I'm unfazed by the stories and images that flood my facebook page these days.  I used to turn to facebook because it was safe mindless scrolling when I needed a break from the aspiration I find on instagram.  Full of 30 second recipes involving pillsbury dough and cream cheese and uploaded albums from regular people doing regular people things; images of Birthdays and Baptisms and weddings.  Now it seems that the whole world is breaking and my heart is breaking too.   Horrific images of refugees and terrorist attacks.  GoFundMe pleas for a family of five who just lost their 33 year old mother to brain cancer.  Anti-this and Anti-that coming from all sides everywhere you turn.  I feel like covering my ears like the grinch to all the noise noise noise noise.

So how do we tune out the negative without becoming numb or passive to it?  I don't know.  I'm just being nicer to everyone.  Smiling and looking directly in the eye of every person I encounter because we both showed up and are trying to make it work today.  I'm worried for my children and I'm worried for our world.  I'm praying for stronger faith.  Faith that our world will heal.  Faith that there is something more after this world.  Lord, please help my disbelief.

I don't want to end on a negative note or start a big heated discussion (see dinner party rules above). I'm going to focus on all the good around me and make a point to be a part of that good.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2