Production tile as art by Apavisa

As amazed as I was by the baths I saw at Cersaie this year, it is a tile show primarily. It's just ten times the size of any tile show I've ever seen.

For the last couple of years, tile improvements have focused on upgrades in printing technology and stone-like tile keeps to look increasingly like herbal stone with each passing version 12 months. Still growing is the segment devoted to creating plank-shaped tile that appears very just like timber.

I knew all of that before I ever boarded a plane for Bologna and I was hoping to see something new, and I mean new in the tile world. Well I found it, the key words coming out of Cersaie were texture and shape. Of all the manufacturers' shapes and textures I saw, the manufacturer who showed off their innovations best was Spain's Apavisa . So much so that they called their very large booth an art gallery. They weren't kidding.

Do to the truth that those tiles do not lay flat, they could best be used on partitions. But consider the possibilities presented with a number of these shapes and twists on traditional wall tile.

Here are some highlights from their booth in Bologna. Bear with me, there are a ton of pictures to share here.

Apavisa products are distributed worldwide and can be found just about anywhere Spanish tile is sold.

Can you see yourself the usage of some of these textures in your home? They're onto some thing right here and preserve an eye out for other manufacturers to begin playing round with shapes.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2