How To Make a Sugar Leaf Garland

In my last post HERE I shared a little Thanksgiving Vignette that I put together.

As promised, today I'm going to proportion how I made my

Sugar Leaf Garland.

I had heard that if you spray leaves with a clear spray paint it would preserve them and keep them looking freshly fallen. So I gave it a try. I first gathered up some pretty leaves.

I laid my leaves out and sprayed them with the clear spray paint.  I then sprinkled some white sugar onto them to give them a frosted look.

Once the leaves were dried, I hot glued them onto a strand of jute cord.

And then I hung the cord from the vintage wooden shelf in our eating room.

It turned out really pretty but unfortunately it didn't last long. The leaves are now starting to dry out and crumble. The clear spray paint did not preserve them as well as I had hoped.   Has anyone tried this before, or have any tips?

So if you try this craft, simply understand that it's going to most effective final for a week or two.

Thanks for stopping by way of,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2