Barn Wood Planks on Mantel

I have brought some antique barn timber planks to my mantel and I am completely in love with it.

This may simply be one of my favourite tasks ever!

As you in all likelihood do not forget, here is what my mantel seemed like before.

I had painted in a inexperienced coloration.

But I usually knew that I wanted to add wooden planks to it a few day.

And then someday as my mother-in-regulation and I were using down the road after losing off my son at pre-school, we noticed a couple of vintage barns that have been about to be torn down.

One of the barns had a sign on it pronouncing, "wood, home windows and doorways on the market" and a telephone wide variety to call.

Actually, we drove by these barns every time after dropping my son off at pre-school and I always commented on how I would like to stop and take a look around.  Then finally one day we actually did stop and turns out we stopped just in time since the barns were going to be torn down a few days later.

So my mother-in-law and I parked the car a few blocks away (since there was massive construction going on). We crossed a dirt street that had just been flattened by a steamroller.  We then made ourselves at home looking around the barns. We both found things we liked and so we called the phone number that was listen on the sign.

A little while later a woman showed up a in an old dirt pick-up truck. She helped us load up our new treasures in the back of her truck and then she gave us a  crazy-bumpy lift, over the construction zone, back to our car, drinks a flying off the dashboard and everything!

It was such an adventurous day! My mother-in-law and I had a lot a laugh!

My mother-in-law picked up this cute blue window frame..

And I picked up some barn wood planks that we literally ripped off of the old barn. So when I say barn wood, I'm not a kidding!

I came home, washed my planks really good with the hose which took off most of the old lead base paint. I then measured and had Jake saw them to size. Next, I painted them in a pretty white and attached the planks to my mantel using small nails.

It's no longer best, however I assume that's what adds to the appeal of it.

I hung my driftwood mirror back up and then decorated the mantel using pots of grass, bottles, boat floats and a starfish.  All so very beachy.

And then at the same time as photographing my mantel.... My digicam broke!!

I'm so very sad, but I have been wanting a new DSLR camera for a while now, so I guess it will all be okay :)

But in the imply time, I needed to transfer over to my telephone camera that is why those photos are not the greatest.

I also picked up an old window screen on the barn, greater on that to return.

Thanks for preventing through,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2