One Room Challenge Week Five

Ohmylawdy.

It's week five of the One Room Challenge and I have nothing for you today that's special.  Om, another stall week?  Pretty much.  But that just means my big reveal will be that much more awesome.

I apologize in advance for the crappy photos.  I loaned my camera to my parents to take with them to Nashville when my sister had a baby last week and I thought my Dad was coming back home Monday.  That sweet new baby boy was just too scrumptious and he extended his stay by just enough days to miss my One Room Challenge deadline.  I'm probably the only person on the planet who doesn't have an iphone and my droid takes really crappy pictures.

I added that second 20x20 Portobella Vase throw pillow and it makes all the difference.  I'm a balance person.  I also brought up a pair of matching white gourd lamps (similar) with linen drum shades as per the suggestion of several of y'all to add some cohesiveness to the nightstand vignettes.  I like them.  I'm not sure that they're the final pick but I'm sold on having matching lamps.

Of course, now I'm hating the headboard.  You couldn't see it in earlier posts because we never bothered to attach it to the wall and it sat too low. That wall is made of brick and plaster and hanging anything, much less a heavy headboard, is a major undertaking.  I fixed that problem temporarily with my handy assistant Wells yesterday by screwing on two big pieces of wood to the bottom to act as stilts if you will on the existing planks.  That did the trick. .

The fabric looks really pretty with an all white palate but just isn't jiving with the saturated colors I've mixed in.  And with the new dark wood on the nightstands the wall color is really reading more muddy warm with brown and green undertones so the cool grey fabric is clashing big time.  I have mixed emotions about how to fix this.  If we weren't about to move I'd probably repaint the wall color.  My favorite is Classic Gray by Benjamin Moore which you can see in Tagg's Nursery.  I don't want to skip a step in this challenge, but I also don't want to redo my headboard when it might work perfectly well in just a few more months.

But we have tables.  That's huge.  Those were two big items that dictated where I could go with the rest of the zhushing up.  I'm a big fan of the dark wood and who can resist marble table tops?  I'd like to find second chest like the first one to help gain some balance and drawer space.  But I like that whatever we find won't be exact.  Matching his and hers, but not identical.  The curves on the legs on my nightstand are so gorgeous.  I don't plan on giving this piece back anytime soon!

I also have in my possession a very large size poster of something pretty to go above my bed.  A 42x56 Giclee Print to be exact.  It arrived in the mail on Monday night and I've been trying to come up with the best way to hang it that will make moving it later on a cinch.  Any ideas?

William Morris Fruit or Pomegranate Wallpaper from art.Com.

It's going to look something like this only minus the coral tables.  If you reference the above situation with the headboard (which you can't see in this picture below) I'm also going to need to work around what's going on in this William Morris Reproduction Wallpaper Print.

It's got a lot going on my friends.  A lot.

You can view the very last effects of my first One Room Challenge right here

And if you're new here, click at the links beneath to get all stuck WEEK FIVE constantly, make certain to test out the other lovelies collaborating on this collection.? I promise they don't disappoint.

INTRODUCTION | WEEK ONE | WEEK TWO | WEEK THREE | WEEK FOUR | WEEK FIVE | WEEK SIX | FINAL REVEAL

And as always, be sure to check out the other lovelies participating in this series.  I promise they don't disappoint.

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage & Vine

Design Indulgence

Design Manifest

Everything LEB

Hodge Podge

Kim Macumber Interiors

Little Black Door

Matters of Style

Calling It Home

Nicole Scott Designs

Pacific Family Homes

the Peak of Tres Chic

the Pink Pagoda

Powell Brower Home

Simple Details

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2