I like chandeliers. There I said it.

Confession time. Despite all of my barking about clear spaces making for clear thoughts I have a weakness for chandeliers. Not just any chandelier, but chandeliers never the less. I blame James Moder.

James Moder made the first deconstructed crystal chandelier I'd ever seen and it changed everything. Until the day I stumbled upon one, I thought chandeliers were the sole province of elderly women and fussy designers. Moder's Broadway series had something to say and it very nearly made fun of the medium it was constructed from. Brilliant, really.

Chandeliers have been round on the grounds that Medieval times and that they've been embellished with crystals since the 18th century. They are a world unto themselves, with their own vocabulary, their personal manufacturers and now and again, their very own committed distribution networks. In the world of lights, they preserve themselves apart.

They should. I swear they're an artwork shape.

Dwellings, Ltd has a new collection of five chandeliers called Water Pressure . Each chandelier takes its inspiration from an example of falling water and then tells a very clear story. There's nothing subtle or implied, these pieces have a point of view. They are also hand made from jewelry-quality Swarovski Crystals.

Crashing Wave is just that, complete with a coastline.

Lawn Sprinkler is a summer time day in bare feet.

Lather Up is a soaking bathe.

NYC Sewer Grate is rain falling via a grate as found via mice.

Irrigation is a farmer's area.

That Crashing Wave is a wonder. And if that weren't enough, Dwellings, Ltd is offering free shipping to the US and Canada through April 15th.

What do we think? Am I alone in my appreciation for the not-so-humble chandelier? Chandelier fans, how does the Water Pressure series stack up?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2