Case closed! Mysterious marble a mystery no more!

Last week I wrote about designer Marc Newson's London apartment and I was struck particularly by the marble he used in his bath. Here's the bath in question.

Identifying that marble has become my life's work for the last few days and I'm beyond pleased to announce that I found it. According the stone wholesale site Alibaba , it is Calacatta Zebrino. It's sold by a quarry in Italy and I'd love to have a geologist explain to me how a marble could form with such pronounced strips intact.

Marble is a metamorphic rock. It starts offevolved out in lifestyles as limestone. Limestone bureaucracy from layers of sediment that collect at the lowest of a sea. At that point it is a sedimentary rock and it's expected to have layers. In order for it to show to marble, the limestone has to be shoved down below the floor of the earth and be subjected to excessive warmth and strain for a few million years. Then, miracle of miracles, it has to work its way back to the floor. When it emerges, it is marble. Now, how ought to a process like that take place with out messing up the layers? Anybody care to share an evidence?

However it occurred, at the least I understand what it's far. Oh happy day!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2