Jeeves and Wooster go under cover as pendant lights

This is a chain of pendant lights made by London-primarily based Jake Phipps.

They're made from real bowler and pinnacle hats and that they take their call from an early '90s BBC display of the identical name. By the way, the display starred now US TV big name Hugh Laurie and contemporary Twitter celeb Stephen Fry.

Anyhow, any time I see a bowler hat I think of Belgian Surrealist RenĂ© Magritte. I like Magritte a lot and I've probably said so before on this blog. Here's why I have bowler hats and RenĂ© Magritte linked so tightly in my mind.

Golconde, 1953

The Mysteries of the Horizon, 1955

The Son of Man, 1964

As much as I love his art, what I love even more was his perspective on it.

Seen pix which hide not anything; they evoke mystery and, indeed, when one sees one of my images, one asks oneself this simple query, 'What does that imply?' It does not imply anything, due to the fact thriller means nothing either, it is unknowable.
Words to live by if you ask me and not just a description of paintings.

So back to Jeeves and Wooster pendants, what do you think? Would you grasp some thing like this in your house?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2