A custom mosaic of my very own, courtesy of Trend USA

Trend USA, an Italian mosaic producer with offices around the world, announced a new process for making mosaics recently. It's something they're calling an elaboration, and to achieve it they use proprietary CAD-based software to assign colors and patterns to replicate in mosaic form photos, fabrics or other works of art.

Sometimes it is simpler to show than to provide an explanation for. So here's an photograph of a fabric.

And here's its elaboration as a Trend USA mosaic.

It's been assigned a different color way of course, but notice too that it's made with cut mosaic pieces. That's an ancient process for achieving rounded shapes calledtessellatum tesserae. The same proces is sometimes called a cut mosaic. In addition totessellatum tesserae, Trend USA's new process can be used to create mosaics using whole 3/8", 5/8" and 3/4" mosaic tiles as well.

In the example below, there's a photo in the top right corner. Below it are the full image of the photo as a mosaic created in 5/8" tiles and then there's a detail of the mosaic. I'm uploading these photos today in high resolution. Click on them and you'll see the detail. It's a small price to pay for the slower loading times.

Trend USA asked me to submit a photograph of my own to use for instance of this technique. Trend USA is represented by way of a friend of mine and he or she's nicely aware about my close to obsession with Fibonacci Sequences and he or she recommended that I put up an inventive instance of 1 to apply for my custom mosaic.

My favorite video of the last year is Nature by Numbers, a short film by Cristóbal Vila that uses three examples of natural geometry.

I have a nevertheless from Vila's film and so I despatched this photograph to Samara Gould, Trend's Artistic Design Consultant. I wanted to check this new method, so I picked an picture in particular due to the fact I notion it'd be a assignment. The transparent wings on my own might make me sweat if I have been Samara. She regular my picture with out hesitation. In fact, she become excited to provide it a cross.

I told her that I would love to peer that dragonfly elaborated as a mosaic in a size somewhere around 10 toes huge by means of 5 ft tall.

Samara used 3/eight" tiles and by means of using that smaller size, she created a mosaic that might be readable from four ft away. That's pretty precise for some thing this large.

If I were to shop for this dragonfly mosaic, it might come to me in sheets 28 tiles wide by way of 28 tiles tall and all my installer might must do is take the sheets out of a box and fix them to my wall. That's pretty slick.

In addition to Trend USA's new custom program, they have pioneered the use of recycled glass in glass tile and their products have recycled content percentages that range from 55% to 78%. You can read more about the company and their commitment to sustainable practices on their website here .

I've seen many custom mosaic offerings that use a pc to assign colorations and patterns before, however I've by no means visible one which effects in this degree of element and clarity. A method along with this is but some other cause to preserve an eye on Trend USA and Trend Worldwide. Thank you Samara and thanks Trend.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2