Autumn re-runs: Sweet, sweet subversion

This submit ran at first on 23 May 2009 and I STILL think it is funny. I desire the New Zealander in the back of this exquisite concept's still plugging away at her artwork someplace.

I love those plates.

I imply, how are you going to no longer?

Clever and deliciously subversive, are not they?

These plates are the handiwork of an artist who calls herself Trixie Delicious. Aukland, New Zealand-based totally Trixie sells her wares (and ships worldwide) via a internet site called Felt. Felt is the Kiwi model of Etsy, a market for a collection of unbiased artists and artisans to sell their paintings.

Ms. Delicious takes vintage plates, platters, saucers and bowls and hand paints her messages of right cheer on them immediately. She uses non-toxic, warmness-fused, ceramic paint. This way that these pleasant, heartwarming iconoclasms will ultimate forever. Imagine the joyous faces around your desk whilst you serve a Thanksgiving turkey from a Crackwhore Tray. That noise you hear is the sound of my coronary heart developing three sizes from the idea by myself!

Many thanks to Leona Gaita and her superb blog Gaita Interiors for the tip off to those beauties. Spend some time this weekend mastering Leona, I like her angle.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2