ONE ROOM CHALLENGE: WEEK FIVE

Welcome back to week five of the One Room Challenge where 20 bloggers each tackle the design and installation of one room over six weeks.  It's exhausting.  It's exhilarating.  You'll love it.

I'm making over the sun room in our new house into a bonafide playroom.  My goal is to create a space that's fun for the kids and eye-pleasing for the adults.  I want my little babes' imaginations to run wild in here along with their toys.  It's a blessing to have this space during the day but be able to close the door at night.  But because it's on the first floor just off our formal living room it needs to be a space that can be accessed when we entertain.  With only one week left, I've got a lot on my plate but I'm well on my way to achieving that goal!

I'm going to give a full review on the slipcover after living with it for more than an afternoon.  My immediate straight out of the box response?  I love it.  I plan to go back and post a five star review on the site.

Let's be real, it's ready-made slipcover so you're not going to fool anyone into thinking it's custom re-upholstery.  But the white fabric is heavy and covered my bright patterned sofa impeccably.  Its construction is durable and well made.  It comes in two pieces and fit my behemoth sofa so I feel confidant it could work on yours.  It's really easy to slip the cover off just the seat cushions for frequent washing.  I've never bought a truly white piece before so I'm trusting my friends who told me to go ahead with it!

I had to spend some time ironing the slipcover, and I still need to go back over it with a steamer, but let's face it, it came folded in a box.  Wrinkles are to be expected.  I love the box pleats, the two pieces that separate the frame of the sofa from the bottom cushions, and the fact that it tightens in the back and not in the front.  Those elements really add to the elevated style of this ready-made slipcover.  It's tailored and not at all shabby-chic which I prefer.

I know I sound like a paid promotion right now but I promise I'm not.  I researched it all on my own and paid full price.  I've been looking into this long before the challenge arrived.  Shipping was free, but it is for you too.  I'm just really happy with my choice and I think it's the perfect low-cost solution for this space.

I also love the layered striped boardwalk rug from rejuvenation on top of my sisal in front of the sofa.  It's an indoor/outdoor rug so I'm not worried about the added foot traffic or inevitable spills from sofa snacking.  I'm forgoing a coffee table in order to save floor space for playing so I love the extra pop it adds to help define the seating area.  I got another one to go by the back sliding glass doors as well since we use go out to the back deck from here a lot while we're playing.

I know, you're probably oohing and ahhing over those pretty pillows too.  The fabric is schumacher chenonceau in charcoal, one of my all-time favorite patterns.  I bought the first one from Sarah last year and ordered the second mate from SparkModern for this challenge.  I planned to use one on each of my two chairs but with my new seating situation I'm in need of some more pillow fluffing.  I'm not sure what yet so add that to the to-do list.

____________________________________________________________

Sadly, I broke my finger last week and got behind on several large scale DIY projects that are now in various stages of completion.  Matthew and my mom are coming in to help so we can get get it done in time for next week!

I did manage to complete one simple project for plastic toy storage.  We have so many small toys that need to be corralled and separated.  I loved the idea of using clear plastic bins to keep them contained but visually available.  I just couldn't bring myself to stacking Tupperware at this stage in the game so I brainstormed some alternatives.

I peeled off the animal cracker label from our large size Sams Club cookie bins and added on a chalkboard label from the Martha Stewart line at Staples.  Then I spray painted the primary colored lids with a 2-in-1 semi-gloss in black.  I'm obsessed with how they've turned out!  So far we have four bins but I'm thinking we need to acquire some more!  I love that they look like pretty glass jars but without the worry of breaking.

Are you so impressed?  You know I love a good simple DIY that involves spray paint as the main ingredient.  Imagine the possibilities.  And bonus, now you can now justify all those cheese puff bins you've been buying anyway!

____________________________________________________________

Click here in case you want to begin at the start.

As always, please check out the other awesome ladies below.  That's a lot of talent right there.

Calling it Home

Chinoiserie Chic

Classic Casual Home

Cottage and Vine

Design Addict Mom

Design Crisis

Design Indulgence

Design Manifest

The English Room

The Green Room Interiors

Henhurst Interiors

Little Black Door

Maddie's Nest

Mix And Chic

My Notting Hill

The Pink Pagoda

Shelter

Simple Details

The Vault Files

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2