Let there be light!

I mentioned in previous posts that whole process of buying our new house was a bit of a rocky road.  I'm not going to get into all the details on here but I will say one of the issues left us without any light fixtures in most of the ceilings.  So the first thing you saw when you entered our home was dangling wires. Lamps.com entered into the picture and saved the day.  Literally.  I picked out The Great Outdoors Mossoro 3 light chain hung lantern and about a week later.  I'm so in love with it!

Let there be light!

It's a gorgeous light.  I like that it's a bit over-sized for the space. I like to make a statement.  I'm in love with the pagoda shape.  But now I'm toying around the idea of painting her shiny black.  It would be look amazing with an an unexpected color like coral as well.  My girl Lizzie has this same lantern in her breakfast nook and entryway and lacquered it navy.  Now that's got my wheels turning! I'm planning on ordering another one to go over our kitchen island once we tackle that project.

PS-Let's talk about how awesome Matt was for installing this for me when he walked in the door last night.  Such a good husband.  I am forever grateful for the amount of work he's doing on our home.

The walls in the entryway are Benjamin Moore Classic Gray.  It's my favorite.  We also painted the living room and Tagg's room Classic Gray and plan to paint the dining room with this great color as well.

Into the family room, we're going to be adding the hopefully last layer of white paint to the built-ins this weekend.  We're using Designer White by Sherwin Williams.  Just like our last two homes, it's our go to paint color for all the paneling, trim, shelving, and cabinets in the whole house.

Our family room has been crazy transformed by white paint.  I hope I can help all of y'all who need to still convince your husbands to pull the trigger on painting over 1970's paneling.  Matt and I did decide to do something a bit unexpected and leave the shelving wood.  I like how it ties in with the wood floors and the dark brick on the fireplace and helps to break up all that white.  It's hard to tell in the picture above but I think it's going to look really modern.  If we decide it doesn't work in a "om, you forgot to paint your shelves" kind of way we can always pull them off and paint them.  But I like the idea of making them a bit different.  And I like the look of floating shelves.  Best of both worlds?  Or crazy in a bad way?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2