Wood floors, Australian style

Reader Elisabeth (who's from Melbourne) and I had a small sidebar verbal exchange in the feedback after the day prior to this's put up approximately wooden flooring.

Wood floors have a tendency to be pretty local and I requested her what have been famous woods in Australia. She replied that she thought Spotted Gum's the maximum famous timber ground in architect-designed homes. I changed into intrigued by means of her description and I'd never heard of Spotted Gum. So I dug around and found out a issue or two.

What's called Spotted Gum is actually Corymbia maculata, a kind of eucalyptus that grows in Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales.

It makes a lovely ground.

Thanks Elisabeth!

What other nearby hardwoods are lurking available I wonder.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2