Painting Picture Frames & A Picture Gallery Wall

I had a bunch of  mismatched frames hanging in my hallway that I've been wanting to paint for quite some time now.

The Other day I ultimately were given round to it.

I bought a bunch of different spray paints at the store (Fred Meyers).  I wanted a few of the frames to be colored.  I also picked up several different brands because I wanted to compare them.  My goal was to find out which one worked best.

 I laid out all of my frames onto my trusty old cardboard (seriously, this thing has soo many layers and colors of paint on it. It has been very handy!  Plus it folds up nicely and I can tuck it away in the garage until next time.  Just a little tid bit for ya!).

So here are the two white spray paints I bought.

The Krylon cost $4.19 it was my Least favorite.  It did not have a very good coverage.

The HD Design paint Cost less $2.99  It had a much better coverage, it was a thicker paint,  with a much prettier, milkier color.

Even though I liked the HD Design paint better,  It still did not cover all that great. I may have needed to use a primer first,  also I was trying to cover up black.

I ended up the usage of my primary white latex paint to complete them off.

At the end of the project it would have been easier and less expensive to have just used my latex paint only.

Now moving on to the Colored Spray paint,  I actually found this blue by Rust-olieum/American Accents to be the Very Best.  It covered so Wonderfully in just one coat. And I'm in Love with the color. This will be the brand I buy for all of my future projects.

The Green paint was from Krylon, the same brand as the white that I did not like.  I'm not sure why,  but it left a strange texture on this frame.... but kinda cool.  However I repainted this frame in the same blue mentioned above.

Just Curious,  Is there a special spray paint that you like to use?

So Again,  Here are my frames Before....

 And now After.

 My Husband, Jake Loves to frame all of our vacation photos.  I have to admit I wasn't really on board at first.  It just seemed like a lot of clutter.  But having them hanging up in the hallway is just a great reminder of all of the fun memories we've had throughout the years.

 Like I said, the before was just allot of mismatched frames,  And now it is more consistent,  brighter and funner.

 There is plenty of room for more pictures.  I hope to have this wall filled one day.  Looks like we need to start planning some more family vacations!!!

Linking up right here:

HOG

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2