How to Make a Driftwood Mirror

Today I wanted to percentage with you the way I made this stunning replicate out of driftwood.

I currently took a journey to the Oregon Coast and I delivered home a ton of driftwood from the seaside.

I  knew I wanted to make a mirror out of the driftwood after seeing this one that was hanging up in our beach house rentle

This one is from Crate and Barrel and Cost $200.00

If you would like to see more of this cute beach house that we rented, just clickhere.

The beach house rental was named, Driftwood!

I just loved this 'Driftwood' sign that was hanging on the front porch of the beach house. I was going to try and make one like it, maybe have it say "Beach" or "Welcome"  but I didn't pick up enough small and curvy pieces, so maybe I'll save that for a project next time I get to the beach.

I really did bring home my share of driftwood. This picture is of me filling up my purse with driftwood. I did this every day that we were at the beach.

Here are my steps to making a Driftwood mirror.

 Step #1

Go to the beach and collect as much driftwood as you can haul home.  Try to find pieces that are all about the same size.

Step #2

find a mirror in whatever size you would like.  I picked this one up at Hobby Lobby.  It was originally 6 dollars but on sale for %50 off.  So this whole mirror cost me only $3.00 to make. That is a Huge difference compared to the $200 one at Crate and Barrel wouldn't you agree?

Step #3

Trace the mirror onto a few paper. I simply used the paper Hobby Lobby used to wrap the mirror up in.

Step #four

Lay out your driftwood around the traced circle.  This is so you will have a good idea of what it will look like when it's finished.  You may want to move some pieces around. Just play with the layout until you're happy with the way it looks.

You could leave it like this, but since I was going for a more layered look, I also added driftwood to the front of the mirror as well.

 Step #five

Glue it together. At first I used hot glue....but this Did NOT work.  The hot glue was not strong enough to hold it all together.

So I had to peel off all of the hot glue off.  Then I used this Gorilla Glue which worked so much better.  Just remember to only use a small amount and do not use it by any edges since this glue does puff up and turn yellow when it dries.

I also used this glue to add a hook to the back of the mirror so that I could hang it up.

In my subsequent put up, I'll display you wherein I've were given it hung up at.

So stay tuned!!

Pleas Note: This mirror has been update since this post.  It now has even more layers of  driftwood on it. To see how it currently looks click HERE.

Thanks for preventing via,

Emily

If you like my mirror but don't have the time or resources to make one of your own, I have found this similar one for sale on Amazon.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2