Fake Planks

I am so enthusiastic about contemporary publish because this venture literally had me jumping up and down with exhilaration. I have planked my bedroom wall . . . . . With a Pencil!!!

Yup, I drew my planks on with a pencil, and you already know what? You nearly can not even inform, my wall truly looks as if it's miles lined with wood planks.

Plank partitions are all of the rave these days. It looks as if such a lot of designers, bloggers, and DIY'ers are including them to their homes. Plank walls add so much individual and appeal to a space.

I just love the look of them so much, but being that I'm not much of a handymanwoman, the idea of adding planks to my walls by myself seemed like too much work. I don't even own a saw, and not to mention I'm terrible at measuring angles, and so I gave up on the dream of having plank walls.

And then out of nowhere I idea to myself, "what if I tried drawing lines at the wall, could that supply me the look I need?"

So I got out my leveler, a ruler, and a sharp pencil, and I started drawing lines on my wall.

I messured my lines to be 6 inches apart.  I used the leveler to make sure the lines were straight, and then I ran my pencil down the leveler to create the lines.

I had to sharpen my pencil approximately 10 times, so having an electric pencil sharpener nearby came in really handy. I also made my pencil marks thicker in some spots and lighter in others.  I think that's where the illusion comes in, it makes the lines look like actual spaces between planks.

Once I had my traces drawn on, I gently blotted on a few sealer to maintain the pencil lead from smearing. I made sure to simply get the sealer on pinnacle of the strains, and then the usage of a wet paper towel, I wiped clean up any sealer that changed into outdoor of the traces. Otherwise the sealer might have been major as soon as dried.

I also did a few paint touch ups, broadly speaking because the leveler had made a variety of marks on the wall.

The fresh paint additionally gave it a pleasing easy finished appearance.

By the way, the color of my walls is called, Subway Tile, by Valspar.

I then brought in my newly painted bed and dressed it in all-white bedding.

I'll proportion greater of the bed in my next submit.

So What do you watched?

Will you be adding some Fake Planks to your partitions?

Thanks for stopping by using,

Emily

* Update: I even have fake-planked our dining room, and did some thing a touch bit distinct this time, so make sure to test it out!

Adore it? Pin it!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2