I Did It! I painted our wood range hood mount!

Yup I did!

I painted our wood range hood mount! But I bet you already knew it became coming, did not ya? It turned into just a be counted of time earlier than I got the guts to do it.

If you ignored any of my 'have to I or must I no longer paint my stove mount' submit, then allow me fill you in.

Here is what my kitchen looked like before:

It had a darkish timber stove mount, a mixture of inexperienced and rust backsplash tile, and a gray-inexperienced coloration on the walls.

(BM Horizon Gray)

It gave the kitchen a warm, rustic, farmhouse experience, which turned into great, but it just wasn't my non-public fashion.

The kitchen just felt too dark for me. I've continually been interested in the appearance of bright white kitchens.

So one day I had fun playing around on the Sherwin Williams Paint Visualizer website, and came up with a few different looks that I shared HERE on the blog.

Do you understand which look majority of the readers favored high-quality?

...................................

Answer: #1 The timber look!

So I left it timber after which decided to address the darkish tile backsplash.

I painted it white, and posted all about it HERE.

But with the tile now white, it made the dark timber stand out even greater.

So I took it to Instagram and mentioned that I was still debating on painting it either white, a pretty blue or leaving it wood. Majority of the comments said to just paint the bottom white and leave the top wood.

A lot of comments have been to re-stain the timber and I clearly loved that idea, but, I agree with this mount changed into manufacturing facility made as it had a finish on it that became so thick and sealed. It would had been the most important process ever to get it right down to the uncooked wooden, not to say all the nooks and crannies this thing has. So I knew portray it become the fine option.

So I began out just portray the bottom half of, however after a coat of white primmer, I knew that I just desired to go all of the manner and paint everything white.

So on went the primer! I'm not going to lie, I became a fearful smash portray this element. After a lot thinking about and debate, I could not believe I turned into certainly portray it.

There is not any going again now!

I primed it in two coats of Kilz primer and then I painted it in coats of Olympic One - off the shelf semi-gloss paint. Which is the identical paint I used on each the shelves and the tile backsplash.

Now, a lot of remarks also stated I must paint it in a quite blue, and I still should down the street, but first I desired to look it white.

My husband became out of town when this all went down. Halfway although I texted him and asked if it became okay to paint the range mount, and he answered, Go For It! With a thumbs up.

Thank heavens he failed to say no :)

Then I waited for his response when he got domestic, and easily he was inside the kitchen for five mins talking about his experience before I stated, "so what do you think of the range?" He hadn't even noticed,

Ha Ha Men!

He likes it, but he simply mentioned that it blends in a lot now. He become partial to the wood, but he also likes to make me happy.

He's totally right, it now just all blends together, and I love that!  I'm so Glad I went for it.

And now, as you can truely see from all of the paint patches, I'm deciding on a new colour for the walls.

Stay tuned!  More changes are in store.

What do you think? Do I dare ask?  I know that I was pretty much on my own on this one.

But all that subjects is that I like it.

Thanks for stopping by using,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2