How to make a Driftwood Garland

Hi!

In my last post I shared a picture of this driftwood garland that I had hanging in our backyard play house. I made it last summer using some driftwood that I had gathered up while on a family trip to the beach.  I had originally shared this tutorial over at City Farmhouse, but today I want to re share it here for any of you who may have missed it.

While I was on our trip to the coast, I saw quite a few of these driftwood garlands hanging on the porches of  quaint little beach cottages. I thought they were really neat and I knew I could make one of my own really easily, so I collected tons of driftwood to bring home every day we went to the beach

Like most of my tasks, this became quite easy to make.

I began off with 112 portions of driftwood, every piece is about the identical period.

I drilled a hollow into the middle of each piece. Because driftwood is one of these gentle wood, the drill goes through them very smoothly.

Once I got started it went by really fast.  I even had my two boys help out with this part, they felt pretty cool using a drill for the first time.

Once the holes had been all drilled, I fed a few jute wire through them.

I wrapped a small piece of tape to the end of the wire to help it guide through the holes effortlessly.

This component moved along pretty speedy as well.

Once the twine was through all of the driftwood pieces,  I tied a large knot at the end. I also tied a  loop on the top to give it something to hang from.

My driftwood garland is over 5 feet long.  You could  make it whatever length you want just give or take on the amount of driftwood you use.

I assume it grew to become out notable, I love the seashore residence look it introduced to our front porch. Some of our friends had even commented on it.

Here is a view from the inner searching out at it.

I certainly revel in working with driftwood. In reality, here are a few of my different Driftwood initiatives:

Driftwood Mirror      -  Driftwood Starfish      -Driftwood Sailboat

So the following time you are at the seashore be sure to acquire up some driftwood due to the fact there are masses of fun projects you can create with it.

If you are unable to get to the beach, I found that you can order some driftwood online HERE.

Thank you for preventing with the aid of nowadays,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2