Dining Room Progress + Inspiration Pictures of Pretty Dining Rooms!

I realize I haven't been very good about sharing updated pictures of our house.  Last week I messed around with our dining room.  Remember back in January we opened up the wall that closed it off to the family room.  I just never loved the view from the family room which is the primary way I see this room.  And it's my view from the couch in front of the tv so it really get's a lot of visual time.

I removed a leaf from the table making it smaller. This freed up some space to place our buffet at the head of the table.  This piece came from my husband's family and I love it!  I'm really glad I get's a prime spot now!  I love that I also have a fun space to decorate seasonally!

You can see now how this all connects.  This is the back wall where out built-ins used to be.  I can't even tell you how much better this functions for our family.  And the amount of light that both rooms get now is magical.  I am trying to convince Matthew to sit down and right a post about how he took this wall down.  I don't think the directions I'd come up with would get you very far.  You can also catch a glimpse of my lovely assistant hard at work.  Girlfriend marches to her own beat these days.

In all honestly, it's a lot of dark wood for me.  I'm a big fan of light and bright.  I'd love to replace the dining chairs with something fully upholstered.  Well, slip-covered so it can be washed.  I'm obsessed with the casual elegance it brings an otherwise stuffy space.  This would just be so much more our style!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2