What did I want to be when I grew up: a Blog Off post

Every two weeks, the blogosphere comes alive with some thing known as a Blog Off. A Blog Off is an occasion in which bloggers of each stripe weigh in on the same topic on the equal day. The subject matter for this spherical of the Blog Off is "What did I need to be when I grew up?"

------------------------------------------------------------

What certainly?

Family image of certainly one of my brothers and me within the summer season of '69.

I am one of those individuals who in no way knew. I imply it, I by no means knew what I desired to be after I grew up. The query would arise in simple school and I could say something simply to have the question pass alongside to the subsequent kid.

As I got older, I'd have an occasional glimmer. At one point I wanted to be a physician, then a PR guy, then an attorney. But none of those things really had any passion attached to them.

So I suppose as a result of that, I've been a lifelong career chameleon. I've been a journalist, scientific copy editor, a waiter, a restaurant manager, a proofreader, a copy writer, a production manager, a case manager in a halfway house, a construction worker, a residential designer and now a PR/ marketing/ social media guy. That resume's not getting me a job at Bank of America any time soon but I can no sooner imagine me in an environment like that than I can see me teaching kindergarten.

To an intruder, my diverse hats worn during the last 30 or so years have to appearance type of schizophrenic but to me they comply with a narrative that makes sense. They've also left me flexible and prepared to address some thing. Or at the least that is what I inform myself.

Most of my friends and friends knew from an early age and that they followed a path to get to wherein they're now. I took a course too, it became just a winding one. Part of me envies folks who knew all alongside and will observe a singular imaginative and prescient thru life. But some other a part of me relishes the reality that I've had so many varied reviews and worn so many hats.

As the day progresses, a list will appear below with all of today's participating bloggers as they weigh in on today's topic. It's going to be an interesting day, so check out what bloggers from all over wanted to be when they grew up.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2