If I could turn back time: a Blog Off post

Every two weeks the blogosphere comes alive as blogger of every stripe weigh in on the same topic. The topic for this iteration of the Blog Off is "If I could turn back time."

When my Blog Off partner in crime counseled this topic I bristled on the very concept of it. I'm anyone who makes it a factor by no means to appearance back until it is to learn from a mistake I made alongside the manner. Heaven is aware of I've made more than my percentage of errors in my forty seven years and instructions from those mistakes abound.

Wishing I may want to flip back the clock is about as big a waste of time as I can believe. It's easy to while away an afternoon wishing I knew at 25 what I recognize now. Were that possible I'd spend the bulk of my days throttling my more youthful self. Don't fall in love! Don't take that task! Save your cash! I'm already my very own most harsh critic and given the possibility to berate my more youthful self might furnish me a hobby the likes of which I've by no means seen.

But through the years I've discovered that the past is simply that, the past. I cannot alternate or restoration whatever that happened then and wishing it have been so is a fool's errand. My grandmother Anater used to mention "You can't placed an vintage head on younger shoulders" and now that I'm tilting towards 50 I recognize what she intended.

I like aging and no matter my bad returned and crow's ft, I like maximum of what comes along side the ageing procedure. It's funny that as my body starts to break down my mind has never been greater alert and attuned to the world around me. Finally, I understand how the arena works and I understand my vicinity in it. I like who I am now and I'm snug in my own pores and skin. That's not a statement my more youthful self should have made.

If it were feasible to whisper all of this wisdom to the 25-year-vintage model of me, his head might have exploded. I could not have dealt with then what I know now.

So to answer the question  "If I could turn back time" my answer is I wouldn't.

To see how the rest of brand new participants treated this subject matter, check back throughout today. A table with links to all of present day Blog Off blogger will seem below.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2