How to Make Stick Stars

Today I am going to teach you how to make stick stars, like these ones found on my Christmas mantel, and on my Christmas tree

I knew I wanted to make a bunch of stick stars for my Christmas decorating, even way before Christmas time.  So in the fall when we had cut down an old dead tree, I gathered up all of the branches.

Then I broke them up by size. A saw would have worked best, but I just used my hands to brake them. It left a more jagged edge, so it's up to you how you want your edges to look.  Also you will want to wear gloves as you will get a splinter or two.

Then I took five sticks that had been the same length, and laid them out to shape a star.

Using my hot glue gun,  I first glued the five corners together (see red dots below).  Then I glued everywhere where the sticks overlapped (see green dots below). The hot glue worked great to hold it all together.

On some of my stars I added twine around the 5 points.  This helps to keep them together, as well as give them a more finished look.

On one I even used bakers twine.  I'm liking  the pops of red on it.

I have placed that one on my mantel, along with this Christmas sign.   I made the sign awhile back to sell in my etsy store,  but like every thing else from my etsy store I decided to keep it for myself.   However I do plan to get a good store going the first of next year.

So here's a observe my updated Mantel.

I nevertheless have a lot Christmas Decorating to reveal ya. So I'll be again soon!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2