A visit with American Standard

As I mentioned here last week, American Standard had me in New York last week for  a day of product education and a tour of their research facility in nearby Piscataway. While there, American Standard put my fellow travelers JB Bartkowiak , Laurie Burke , Andie Day , Saxon Henry and Rich Holshuh in The Standard Hotel in the Meatpacking District.

Photo via JB Bartkowiak

The Standard is the contemporary center of the universe for all matters hip and cool in Manhattan and it become charming to have a front row seat for all of it. Ordinarily, I'm an east facet of Midtown guy and it become wild to peer the worlds of favor, art, tune and cash collide in the lobby of The Standard. It changed into fascinating definitely, but I've in no way felt so old and beside the point in my lifestyles. Hah! But guy oh guy, the view...

So my Wednesday final week was spent with the advertising and marketing and layout parents at American Standard. I went into the complete experience with an open thoughts but I wasn't looking ahead to to be wowed. I need to have recognise higher, there had been commercial designers worried in spite of everything.

I love hearing the stories behind products and I love meeting the people who design the objects most of us take for granted. The amount of thought that goes into something as mundane as a toilet is inspiring frankly, and anybody who can figure out a way to re-engineer toilets and showers and faucets to use water more efficiently is OK in my book.

Any time I go on one of these sessions I'm always on the look out for that one break away innovation, that one thing that pushes an entire industry forward. I found a couple of them at American Standard but none of them comes close to what they're doing in their Outreach lavatory faucet .

At first look, the Outreach seems like another centerset bathroom tap on the market. But in case you observe it intently, notice the road at the lowest of the spout. This faucet does some thing totally one-of-a-kind.

It has a pull out, just like what you would count on from a kitchen faucet.

When I shave every morning I have a ritual in which I splash water round my rest room sink to get the shaving cream scum and beard crumblies down the drain. My ritual would not work very well and I likely use three times the amount of water I need to so that you can smooth my sink. A pull out sprayer might make certain of my (and every man's) morning dilemma. Great wondering American Standard.

And if an afternoon of innovation in Piscataway weren't enough, our whole crew went to dinner at Cookshop in Chelsea that night. Sitting a hair's breadth away was none other than Ron Howard. God I love New York. Thanks American Standard for getting me back there.

Photo via JB Bartkowiak

The range of reading glasses at that desk speaks volumes approximately the median age of the standard layout blogger. I love having friends!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2