On kitchen tables

I ran a post on Sunday about a kitchen with a table in it . Well, there was a reason for that. I'm working on a design right now that has a real dining table in the center of it instead of an island. There is plenty of space in the room to take care of all of my appliances and work zones on the perimeter. Ordinarily, I'd propose a large island for the center of the room just 'cause that's what I do. But really, there's no need for one and I like the idea of building a kitchen around a table.

My clients like the idea too and as I work on the design, I keep coming back to a table like this one from Room and Board.

This is Room and Board's Hancock dining table. I've long in demand the shape and features of this table and I've distinct them in previous layout jobs. I need to apply it in the walnut I'm displaying above. But it is also available in cherry:

Here it is in maple:

And here it's far in a black stain over maple:

Room and Board has these tables made for them in West Virginia and they're customizable with a minimal lead time. The length I'm searching at is the 30" x 78" but it is available in a group of different sizes and is to be had in a drop-leaf too. The solid walnut table I want to use has a retail rate of $1599 and that is a pretty great charge tag on a table with the intention to remaining for a generation or . While it's no longer precisely an heirloom, at $1600 it is a desk that could take a beating from being in a kitchen and spending half of its lifestyles getting used as a prep counter.

What a notable photograph I have in my thoughts for this kitchen. I see a person kneading bread dough on one end of the desk even as somebody else reads the paper at the opposite give up. Later, a houseful of pals comes over for a domestic-cooked, casual dinner. Everybody sits round that table and laughs and tells stories and lets the grimy dishes pile up across the sink and it doesn't be counted. Friends don't care approximately dirty dishes within the sink and kitchen tables don't depart an entire lot of room for pretense anyhow.

At least that's how I see it. In addition to that table, I want to use six of these Hans Wegner Wishbone chairs in black lacquered oak. The Wishbone chair has been around since 1950 and it looks as good today as when Hans Wegner rolled it out originally.

That Wishbone might be a touch complicated for the room I actually have in thoughts, despite its repute as a conventional. I'm thinking that maybe Hans Wegner's Chair 36 from 1962 might paintings a touch better. Here are a couple of pictures of Chair 36.

I love Hans Wegner chairs and I've been trying to discover a motive to apply them in a layout for years. Now all I want is a sign off...

So what do you observed? Of this desk and the chairs of route, but what do you think of the concept of the usage of a table as opposed to an island in a kitchen design?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2