An $80 kitchen makeover from our pals at Apartment Therapy

I realize, I understand, I need to stay faraway from that website. I log into Apartment Therapy each couple of months, and I swear I have an open mind heading in. I land on their page and I have a genuine curiosity approximately what the beneath 30 set is thinking.

Well, after the first handful of posts, it begins to get to me. The pose. The dread Apartment Therapy editorial pose. "We take our shoes off while we come domestic." "We assume that kittens and puppies are cute." "We want to get prepared but we're too busy!" And so it goes, ad nauseum. The photographs are quite, sort of like an online HGTV. But unlike HGTV, I can not hit the mute button.

It's not a complete loss though, I were given a blog topic out of it. Thanks Apartment Therapy!

So considered one of their intrepid correspondents found herself in a tacky condominium with a builder-grade kitchen.

Photographs from Apartment Therapy

It certain is ugly. So what's an intrepid Apartment Therapy correspondent to do? Why, embark on an $80 makeover of direction.

So from what I can see, she removed the cupboard doors, contact papered the cabinet backs and then raided a garage sale to locate sufficient clutter to jam into her newly-spread out kitchen cabinets.

It's nevertheless an unsightly kitchen, only a distinct type of unsightly. Meh.

So if you're a renter and you're faced with a comparable catch 22 situation, there is a better way to goose your ugly kitchen than this.

Invest in good roller and a really good set of paintbrushes. Then just kiss your security deposit goodbye. Although, if you're clever you'll paint it back to landlord white before you move and no one will be the wiser. So I say  paint, humble paint, is your best bet when it comes to banishing the bad juju out of an uninspired rental. After you're done painting, try purging your counters of clutter. Then keep the magnets and paperwork off the front of your fridge. Clean up after yourself and don't let dishes pile up in the sink. Hang good art. And remember always that cabinets have doors on them for a reason, leave them there.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2