One Room Challenge Week Four

Okay my sweets, it's Wednesday so we all know what that means; One Room Challenge day.  Here we are at week four and I'm starting to get a feel for where this room is headed.  I've got a major player ordered and en route that's going to take this room to new levels.  I can't wait to share it with you.

My mom pretty much saved the day and offered up two marble top tables for my use.  I can keep them indefinitely but I have to sign a no paint waiver because they're family pieces.

I thought about using them as bedside tables but they're completely mismatched in function and proportion.  One is a chest of drawers most exactly like what I've been seeking out.  The other is a dainty little table with beautiful carved woodworked legs.  That sweet little feminine table tucked perfectly into our little entry corner and I think that's where she's going to stay.

It's the first aspect I see after I stroll in my room and the proper spot to keep plenty of trinkets and things that get kicked off my bedside table.

Let's get back to the challenge part of this challenge, despite my newly pilfered family pieces, I'm still stuck in the nightstand conundrum.  After much debate, I've decided to scrap the table skirt route altogether.  We've just got too much fabric going on in here to add in something else.  I've been keeping tabs on craigslist and visited a few local spots and even got some locals in on the hunt (thanks Alyson) but just didn't find anything I liked.

Several of y'all suggested painting the existing tables a fun color.  Y'all know I can rock a can of spray paint with the best of them so that seems like the first obvious route.  I worked up some examples to show you my top three.

Emerald, coral, or charcoal gray.

What do you think?  Stick with the original plan of sourcing wooden chests or do you like the fun pop of color this option offers?  If I go with the painted option, I'd have to use my original matching nightstands because they've been painted before and are currently white.  The two new tables with the marble tops can't be painted.

My talented mom was also gracious enough to sew up some fabulous pillows for me.  She's knocked out one and working on the second as we speak.  So I've got two new 20x20 throw pillows in a gorgeous Portobella Vase fabric that work perfectly with my Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis pillow.  She used the same fabric for cording and solid coral canvas on the backs.  I'm really excited to get them both on the bed soon!

Of course now I'm re-thinking my all-white bedding plan.  i think I'm going to need just a hint of color somewhere else on this biscuit.

You can view the final consequences of my first One Room Challenge here

And if you're new right here, click on the links beneath to get all caught up.

INTRODUCTION | WEEK ONE | WEEK TWO | WEEK THREE | WEEK FOUR | WEEK FIVE | WEEK SIX | FINAL REVEAL

And as always, be sure to check out the other lovelies participating in this series.  I promise they don't disappoint.

Cottage

Cottage

Cottage

Cottage

Cottage & Vine

Design Indulgence

Design Manifest

Everything LEB

Hodge Podge

Kim Macumber Interiors

Little Black Door

Matters of Style

Calling It Home

Nicole Scott Designs

Pacific Family Homes

the Peak of Tres Chic

the Pink Pagoda

Powell Brower Home

Simple Details

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2