New House: Master Bedroom Plans

master bedroom 3/14

Master suite 3/14 by means of juliaryan

It's time to start talking more seriously about our master bedroom.   Matthew and I are just officially done with living like college kids.  We are both just completely on board with spending some money to make this room perfect.  Not just good, our bedroom at our old house looked good.  But it's never felt like us.  It felt more like a guest room than a master.  We're going to use a mix of working with what we have and adding in a realistic dose of what we plan to buy.

Staying:

The rug.  It belongs to my mother in law and the only room it will fit in is our master or our living room.  Although you'll see in the mock-up below that we'd really love a sisal.  I'm not sure what we'll end up doing to be honest.  It feels really wasteful to buy a new rug at this point.

The Lamps.  I just purchased two very similar lamps from Homegoods specifically for this room.  Bam.  I'm in love with them.

The wall color. Sherwin Williams Sea Salt cut to 50%.  It's still A LOT of color.  It's gorgeous and I love it but we're still getting used to such a bold choice.

The chairs.  We actually have two wing chairs in our room right now that were graciously given to us by a friend.  I need to have slipcovers made for them but I'm not in a huge rush.

The White bedding.  I still love our Pottery Barn Classic Bedding.

Buying:

An Upholstered Tufted Linen Bed.

Matching bedside tables.  I want either white or weathered grey wood.  Open shelving.  At least one drawer.  At leaset 30' high.  Under $200.  Wish me luck.

Accessories. A new mirror, picture frames, art, bench for the end of the bed, table for vignette by the windows.

Sisal Rug. You know I love them.  I put them in every space I can.

master bedroom 3/14 part 2

Master suite three/14 element 2 by means of juliaryan

See, now that you look at the exact same plan with the sisal you like it better.  It's okay, we do too. I just really wish we had somewhere else to put the darker oriental rug so we could justify pulling the trigger on the lighter and more neutral sisal.

What do you think?  Do we work around the existing rug?  It's lovely and looks great in person.  It adds a lot of warmth to the room, both visually and literally.  It was in the living room in the house Matthew grew up in so I think that's special.  But is it special enough to keep out when it's not our style?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2