Leather Sofa Styling & New House Family Room Progress

Y'all, I almost didn't make this post but I didn't want to miss two days in a row.  We're at day two of snow days this weeks and day three of my sinus infection.  Not awesome.

Thanks so much for all your input on the fireplace.  I think y'all have convinced me to paint it white.  I'm still a bit nervous for the first brush stroke though.  Call me trigger shy.

I've been slowly tweaking our family room.  Just like our living room, this room is really long and narrow with two interior doors, one exterior door and a window.  Plus the fireplace and a wall of built-ins.  It really makes furniture placement challenging.  I'm basically just going against my better instinct and ignoring the fireplace as a central feature.  I haven't built out furniture placement around it at all.  I just didn't see a way to make it work without purchasing all new furniture.

First up, the tv room.  It's the half of our family room located closest to the kitchen and the powder room.  I like the cozy feel of this area. My main concern is helping the leather sofa to feel more modern. The addition of lighter pillows with lots of texture has really helped to make it feel more modern.

I've mentioned before that this room is impossible to photograph.  We have a gorgeous old magnolia tree that pretty much shades the entire back side of our house.  And this room runs right underneath that.  I wanted to give you an idea for the space.  Just behind that really dark chair in the left hand corner is the fireplace.  Just to the right of this shot (next to the white table) is the doorway to the front hall.  That's why placing the couch across from the fireplace is near impossible.  It blocks the main entrance to the room.

Do you focus your furniture around the tv?  Is it above your fireplace?  That's our ideal but layout just don't work right now.  I like that we've created a small tv area and left the second half of the room (not pictured) as the library of sorts.  It really helps us utilize this space better.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2