Friday

I'm snuggled up on the couch with the babes this morning drinking coffee and watching Sofia the First.  Again.  Do your kids love this show as much as mine do?  We bought the Princess & Pirate's Party Pack on on iTunes which has saved the day on car trips lately.  Three episodes of Sofia the First and three episodes of Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  Plus a music video.  It was maybe eight dollars.  Money well spent.

Wells and Tagg are headed off for an overnight at my parents house this evening.  A rare luxury in our house.  It's easy to pawn them off for date night, but overnights are a whole different ballgame with two.  My parents are going to keep all day tomorrow and bring them home at bedtime.  Matt and I will be off to an engagement party by then so my parents will stick around until we get home.  So that's one overnight, plus a full Saturday, plus a date night.  I'm not even sure what to do with myself.  Probably laundry.  It's the hardest chore to do with the kids around.  They want to help.  They want to immediately wear every article I try to put away in front of them.  At the same time.  I end up with multiple laundry baskets full of folded clothes in our laundry room and our bedroom.  I need to get on that.

But that seems like a total waste of good alone time.  Maybe Matthew and I will get dressed up and go out tonight. That would make two nights in a row.  Tomorrow I should lounge around drinking coffee all morning from a breakable cup with no lid and spend the middle of the day getting my nails done and shopping at stores that can't handle a double stroller.

What are you doing this weekend?  What do you do when you get some leisure time to yourself?

____________________________________________________________

Please check out my friend Katharine's blog today. Her mother suffers from Alzheimers.  Something you wouldn't notice from the outside looking in.  She posts pictures of her gorgeous mother attending parties and beach trips and looking every bit the part of southern matriarch.  But silently my friend is suffering.  She misses her mother who is right in front of her.  She's sharing a bit of her story today on her blog and raising money through the ALZ walk in Charlotte.  I encourage each of you to reach out to her.  If not directly through words of encouragement or race sponsorship, then with your silent prayers.   My grandmother suffered from alzheimers so I've seen directly how devastating this disease can be for everyone involved.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2